Chapter 51

Where am I? What happened? I thought as I let out a groan.
"Hey she's waking up I think." I heard a voice say. I tried opening my eyes but I was too bright. I closed them again and reopened them readjusting to the light.
"Hey sis how you feeling?" I looked over to see my brother Sodapop, Ponyboy and Darry with both of the twins in his arms.
"W-what happened? Where am I?" I said looking around.
"Your in the hospital little sis." Darry said.
"Why?" I asked
"You don't remember?" Ponyboy asked.
"No. The last thing I remember was needing to get out of the house and taking a walk." I said
"Daxtyn kidnapped you. What did he do to you?" Ponyboy asked.
I looked at my brother and I could see that Soda was starting to cry along with Darry and Ponyboy. I then thought back to all the beatings and forcible sex Daxtyn had made me do.
"Same thing he always did. He abused me and raped me." I said and started to cry. I then felt arms around me and by the smell I could tell it was Soda.
"W-where is Daxtyn?" I asked
"He's in jail for good." Darry said. I pulled away Soda and shook my head and looked at my kids sadly.
"No matter how many times Daxtyn goes to jail. I'll never truly be free. He made me a mom at a young age. He made it hard for me to ever really find love. I don't even know what a loving relationship feels like anymore." I said crying.
Soda hugged me, then Ponyboy followed and Darry did the best he could with the twins in his hands.
I then heard someone's throat clear.
My brothers and I looked up to see Bexley. I blushed and looked away quickly and wiped away my tears.
"Mind if I visit her for a while? The gang and I still need to see her." Bexley said.
"Sure. Come on Soda and Pony." Darry said carrying the twins out, with Pony and Sodapop behind. Soda gave me one last hug before he left.
Bexley then sat down near my bed and looked at the floor biting her lip.
"Bexley. What's wrong?" I asked
"I was so worried about you. When I heard you were missing I cried my eyes out, so did the rest of gang." Bexley said.
"I'm sorry I worried you." I said sadly.
"Courtney I can't lose you!" Bexley said looking up with tears in her eyes.
"What are you talk-" I started to say but was cut off by something warm on my lips. My eyes widened in shock as Bexley was kissing me.
"I'm sorry." Bexley said pulling away quickly.
"No it's okay." I said
"Really? Because I've liked you ever since I met you Courtney." Bexley said.
"I'm sorry I never noticed." I said.
"It's okay I tried to keep it to myself, but I'm not afraid anymore. Will you please be my girlfriend?"
"But I have Zaylee and Pepsi." I said sadly.
"I don't care. I'll help you anyway I can." Bexley said
"I couldn't ask you to do that." I said.
"I want to. So will you be my girlfriend?" Bexley asked.
"Yes." I said and we kissed. But I was so afraid about telling my brothers and the gang. What would they say?
"Well I should let the others visit you or I'll never hear the end of it." Bexley said and kissed my forehead and then left. I then each got a visit from Athena, Macey, Aurora, Two-bit, Dally, Johnny, and Steve seeing as my brothers already visited me.
After a while they were all told to leave by the nurse saying I needed rest.
"Excuse me, can one of my brothers stay. Please I don't do well with hospitals." I said nervously.
"Of course I'll let one of them know.
A few minutes later Sodapop came in.
"Need me to stay?" Sodapop said with a smile.
"Yes please." I said
I then scooted over and Sodapop got in my bed with me.
"I'm so glad your safe sis." Sodapop said.
"Me too. I wonder how long I'll have to stay here." I said.
"Doctor said three days." Sodapop said.
"Can you stay with me?" I asked hopeful.
"I have to work, but I'll be here after okay?" Sodapop said and began to stroke my hair. Something he always did when we were little to calm me down.
"Okay." I said and began to close my eyes.
"Go to sleep sis. I'll protect you." Sodapop said and I slowly drifted to sleep with Sodapop doing the same soon after.