Chapter 50

Macey's POV
We have been looking for Courtney for over two hours and there was no sign of her. Where could Daxtyn have taken her? We were all worried and hoped she would hang in there until we found her. I was looking around when I noticed that we had gotten to the roughest part of town.
"Do you think she's here?" I asked
"This is the only place left to really look. I doubt she would be on the soc side."Athena said.
"Let's split up and look for her." Aurora said. We all nodded and began our search. What felt like an hour was only 30 minutes when I thought I heard something. It sounded like a scream.
"Please stop!" I heard someone yell. It sounded like Courtney! I ran over to where I thought I heard it but I was having trouble finding it.
"Shut up!" I heard someone yell. I think it was Courtney's ex. I ran over to a building with a broken window near the bottom of the house. It might have been the window to a basement. I glanced in it and saw Courtney, but she was badly beaten and it looked like the guy was about to rape her.
"This can stop love. All you have to do is let me have joint custody of our kids and come back to me." I heard the guy say.
"Go to hell Daxtyn. I will never let you near Pepsi or Zaylee!" Courtney said. I then saw Daxtyn began to choke her and rip her clothes. I looked around for a rock but couldn't find one. I used my foot to break the glass and jumped down. I jumped on the guys back and he shoved me off. I glanced at Courtney and saw she was unconscious and it looked like she was badly beaten. Anger filled my eyes. I may not have known her for very long but I considered her, the girls and the guys family and when you hurt my family there is hell to pay.
I lunged at Courtney's ex and it turned out into an all out fist fight. I glanced at Courtney and saw that she had fallen unconscious, probably from the pain. I needed to finish this. I thought and felt a punch to my cheek but I quickly recovered and pulled out my blade. I saw the guy look at me cautiously. I lunges at him, but he dodged it. I jumped over him and stabbed him in the back, literally. I then kicked him in the gut and then in the face and he fell unconscious. I picked up Courtney and put her on my back and hurried out of the house. I saw the girls a little a head and ran up to them.
"I found her, but we need to get her to a hospital quick and the call the police." I said in a hurry.
We looked around for a pay phone for about 20 minutes before we found one and Aurora called the police after I gave her the address to where Daxtyn was. We then called an ambulance and told them to hurry.
Once the ambulance showed up only one of us could go with Courtney and we decided on Athena since they were best friends.
"We'll meet you guys at the hospital." I said as Athena got in the ambulance with Courtney. I hoped she would be alright.

Athena's POV
I can't believe my best friend had to go through this. Daxtyn will pay for this! How dare he hurt my best friend. She deserved someone nice. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a dreading sound.
"She's flat lining!" A paramedic said and got one of those pulse things out that sends an electric shock through the body.
"Clear!" He said and shocked her, but nothing.
"Clear!" Nothing again.
"Please Courtney you have to live. If not for the gang then for your children Pepsi and Zaylee.
"Clear!" They said and her heart rate came back. We had just arrived at the hospital after that and they rushed her inside.
I ran inside as well shortly followed by the girls.
"I hope she'll be alright." Aurora said.
"Me too. I'll call the Curtis house." I said and walked over to a pay phone and called the Curtis house.

Darry's POV
We were a mess. All of the guys and I were sitting around waiting to hear any word from the girls. It's been about three hours, but nothing. I sighed and got up.
"I'm going to go to bed." I said and was about to head to my room when the phone ran. Soda rushed over to it like a mad man.
"Hello?!"
I waited the doorway in the hall to see if there was anything important.
"That's great! Okay I'll let Darry and the guys know. Thanks Athena!" Sodapop said.
"Well? Don't leave us in suspense Sodapop." Two-bit said.
"They found Courtney. She's at the hospital now." Sodapop said and Ponyboy and I sighed in relief.
"Is she alright?" Johnny asked.
"Athena said they couldn't tell her or the girls much because they weren't immediate family. But she also said that they weren't taking visitors until tomorrow morning and that they were heading out." Sodapop said.
"Alright well no use stressing about it now."
"There's something else." Sodapop said.
"Well out with it pretty boy." Dally said.
But sodapop just remained silent.
"What is it Sodapop. Tell us." Steve said.
I then saw tears begin to form in Soda's eyes and he slid down the wall and to the floor and started balling his eyes out.
"What is it Soda?" Ponyboy asked
"Yeah come on man." Steve said
"Courtney s-she-"
"She what?" Dally said growing impatient.
"Athena said s-she flatlined in the ambulance. W-we a-almost lost her l-like mom and dad." Soda said. Pony and I sat by him and hugged him. I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I had to remain strong for my younger siblings and the gang. At least our sister was found.
"We'll go see her tomorrow." I said.
"Sounds good." Two-bit said, and for once he wasn't drunk.
That night the guys just stayed over and we all did our best in trying to get some sleep, completely unaware the girls came back and passed out as well. I hoped no prayed that Soda, Ponyboy and I's sister would be alright. We can't lose her.  I couldn't sleep however since Zaylee and Pepsi were crying most of the night. I spent the night sleeping with them to calm them down. Courtney you need to be alright for them, for the gang and our family. I thought as I slowly fell asleep.