Chapter 7

Sodapop's POV
We had finally arrived at the hospital. The EMT's took my sister quickly into the hospital with me not too far behind. I was about to follow them back to wherever they took her but a doctor stopped me.
"I'm sorry but you can't go back there." The doctor said.
"That's my twin sister! Let me through!" I said with frustration in my voice.
I could already feel the tears falling down my face as I thought of my sister. She was alone and I couldn't protect her. She's my little sister.  It didn't matter that we were twins she was my little sister!
"Let me see her!" I yelled.
"I'm sorry sir, but I can't allow you to right now." The doctor said.
"Sodapop." I heard Darry say. I turned around and ran to Darry and Pony.
"They won't let me see her! They won't let me see her." I said and broke down crying with Darry and Pony comforting me with Darry on my right and Pony on my left.
"It'll be okay little brother." Darry said
"How do you know that? Huh?! How come Courtney's been the only one getting attacked recently!" I yelled in frustration.
"I don't know little buddy!" Darry said and side hugged me as I cried.
"I don't want to lose her." I said.
"We won't Soda. She's tough like us." Ponyboy said.
"I hope you're right." I said and wiped my tears.
Darry, Pony and I all sat in the waiting room. Darry decided to call the guys and tell them what happened. An hour later Two-Bit, Steve, Johnny, and Dallas showed up.

(Author note: I was thinking about leaving Johnny and Dallas out of the story but decided against it)

"How is she man?" Dally asked and we just looked at him and the guys.
"We don't know. We haven't heard anything." Ponyboy said.
Just then a doctor walked over to all of us.
"Family for Courtney Curtis." The doctor said and we all stood up from our seats.
"Immediate family?" He asked
"We're her brothers." Darry said stepping forward with Ponyboy and I.
"Well it's seems your sister hit her head pretty hard so she may wake up with a headache. Thankfully her skull wasn't fractured from the fall.  She does have a broken wrist and three broken ribs on her left side as well as a few bruises on her face. Also...." The doctor said trailing off.
"What?! What's else could be wrong with my sister!" I yelled.
"Sodapop, calm down." Darry said and I just glared at him.
"Don't tell me to calm down! I want to know what's wrong with my sister!" I yelled
"You think we don't?! We're all worried me, Pony and the gang! So just calm down." Darry said sternly.
"What else is wrong with our sister?" Pony asked.
"I hate when I have to say this but your sister was raped." The doctor said.