Chapter 24

Courtney's POV
I groaned in pain as I slowly opened my eyes only to close them again. Why was it so bright? Where am I? I then heard a monitor beeping. I looked over and saw a heart monitor. Why was in the hospital? What happened?
"Courtney?" I heard my brother Soda's voice say.
"Soda? Where am I?" I asked.
"You're in the hospital Minnie Mouse." Sodapop said.
"Am I sick?" I asked.
"You don't remember what happened?" I heard Darry say.
"No. Should I?" I said confused.
"Courtney. Soda found you in our room with your wrist bleeding." Ponyboy said.
"Oh." I said sadly.
"Courtney. I don't understand. Hell, we don't understand. Why would you do this?" Darry asked.
"Don't you realize how much much we need you?!" Pony yelled with tears in his eyes.
"I'm sorry. I-I just couldn't take it anymore!" I yelled with tear in my eyes and cried with my face in my hands.
"Please Courtney. Talk to us. We want to help." Sodapop said.
"Why did you do it?" Ponyboy asked.
"B-because I wanted the pain to stop! I-I am constantly having nightmares of Daxtyn raping me and abusing me. I wanted people to stop talking about me." I cried.
"Why didn't you just talk to us?" Darry asked.
"Because Pony is always out with Johnny and Dally, and Soda you are either out with Steve or at work and you are always at work Darry. I just felt so alone like maybe you guys would be better off without me." I said crying.
"That's not true at all sis! We need you and we know your scared about this baby, but we will help you the best we can." Soda said hugging me.
"Soda's right things will be tight but we'll make it work." Darry said.
"We'll be okay." Ponyboy said and I hugged all three of my brothers. I don't know what I would do without them.
"I love you guys." I said and wiped my tears.
"And we love you. I'll send the rest of the guys in." Ponyboy said and let Johnny, Two-bit and Dally in to see me.
I hung out with all the guys in my hospital room until the doctor said they had to leave.
"We'll be back tomorrow." Darry said and kissed my forehead.
"Bye sis." Ponyboy said and hugged me and kissed my cheek.
"Bye sis." Sodapop said and kissed my cheek and ruffled my hair and all three of them left with the gang close behind. I then laid in my hospital bed and fell asleep.