Chapter 20

Today was Monday and I didn't want to go to school. I got up out of bed and didn't see Soda or Pony. I got up anyway and changed into some jeans and a black tank top with a red flannel over it and brushed my hair and teeth. I then headed into the kitchen and saw Darry cooking breakfast, Ponyboy reading and Soda watching tv on the couch.
"Hey Minnie Mouse how you feeling?" Sodapop said causing both my other brothers to look at me.
"I'm fine. A little better than last night." I said.
"Foods ready!" Darry said and both Sodapop and Ponyboy ran for the food and Darry pulled me aside.
"What's wrong Darry?" I asked confused.
"I called the doctor to make an appointment to see if you're....pregnant. You have an appointment today at 5." Darry said.
"But what about work?" I asked.
"I called the diner and told them, Katie I think her name is answered and said don't worry about coming in today." Darry said.
"Okay, but Darry w-what if I am p-pregnant? I-I'm so scared." I said and start crying a and Darry pulled me in for a hug.
"We'll see what our options are and figure something out. Don't worry everything will be alright kid." Darry said.
"Thanks Darry." I said.
"You're welcome now sit down and eat." Darry said and I say down and ate breakfast with my brothers.
After breakfast Ponyboy and I headed to school and Darry and Sodapop headed to work. Once we were inside we separated to go to our assigned hallways for class. I tried my best to just ignore everyone. I then felt an arm around me. I looked over and saw Johnny.
"Johnny? What are you doing?" I asked him confused.
"We have mostly all the same classes so I'm staying by your side so no one messes with ya." Johnny said.
"Thanks Johnny." I said and gave him a hug.
Luckily no one bothered me while Johnny was by my side. It wasn't until my last class of the day that I was bothered. Johnny didn't have last period with me so I was alone.
"Hey Curtis!" One of the guys from the other day yelled. I was about to run to my class to avoid them but one of them slammed me against the locker.
"Please. Leave me alone." I said and on instinct wrapped my arms around my stomach.
"Can't do that. Daxtyn said we have to make sure you remember your place and that you belong to him." One guy said.
"I will never belong to Daxtyn! He's a jerk that deserves life in prison!" I yelled and the guy slapped me.
"Watch your mouth!" He said.
"Go to hell!" I said and he threw me to the ground and kicked me on the back causing me to fall.
"You better sleep with one eye open." The guy said and walked away with his friends.
I got up and got my books for my homework assignments out of my locker and put them in my bag and just decided to skip my last class creative writing. Ponyboy would just tell me the assignment since we were in that class together anyway. I left the building and walked home. Once I was home I put my backpack down and changed into some sweatpants and put a hoodie over my tank and laid down on the couch and decided to take a nap.

About an hour later I looked up to see all my brothers staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Why do you have a bruised on your face?" Sodapop asked.
"Those boys at school. Apparently they're friends of Daxtyn's." I said.
"What did they say?" Ponyboy said angrily.
"They were there to remind me that I belong to Daxtyn and that I better watch my back because I talked bad about him." I said.
"Bullshit! You don't belong to him! I'll go beat those guys myself!" Sodapop said ready to walk out but I grabbed him by the arm.
"Don't. I'm fine Soda really." I said.
"Well alright but if they try this again I mean it, I will beat them!" Sodapop yelled.
"Calm down little buddy. We'll worry about that later. We need to get Courtney to her appointment." Darry said and I got up off the couch and headed outside with my brothers to the truck. Once inside we headed to the hospital. Please. Please don't let me be pregnant. I thought as we drove to the hospital.