Chapter 39: "She'll love you if you love her like that."

~1 week later~

Jungkook's POV:
"YES! OH MY GOD! OF COURSE!" Wheein jumped into my arms after I slid the ring on her finger. We both had tears in our eyes and smiled as we kissed each other. She was the best.

She video called Jieun and Hyejin. "BITCHES!" she said and showed them the ring. I laughed. They all screamed. They spoke for a while longer as she explained how it all happened. After she was done, she said, "Okay gotta go now, will be spending some time with my fiance! And that's the first time I've ever said that and I literally wanna cry. Jieun, I'm so in love with your stupid brother!" "Hey, c'mon, not cool," I said, fake offended and laughing.

We spent a passionate night together and I knew what I had to the next day. My sister has done a lot for me, it's time I do something too.

~The next day~

Jungkook's POV:
I drove to Jimin's apartment. Taehyung opened. He was slightly shocked to see me, but allowed me in nonetheless. "Is Jimin home?" I asked. He nodded and called him.

Soon, Jimin came in the living room. "I don't want to talk about Jieun, Jungkook," he said.

Nope, he's gonna have to.

"Thanks for telling her to fix stuff with dad. I had never thought of it that way either and I had lost all hope of them ever having a good relation," I said. He only smiled and said, "I'm glad I got her to think differently." "You didn't just do that. She actually went and fixed stuff with our father," I said. His eyes widened for a split second. "That's great," he said. "Mr. Jeon, it's all great that she's doing better now, but please can we not talk about this? I know you're my boss, but this is not my workplace and I will not hesitate to tell you to get out of this apartment. He's hurting enough already," Taehyung said. "Tae, its okay. I'm fine," Jimin said with a small smile.

"You changed her. For the better. Her smile reaches her eyes these days, Jimin. You don't know how much I wanted to see that again. And you did that," I said. He looked down. He looked weak. "It's not enough," he said. "You love her, don't you?" I asked. Taehyung wanted to stop me but Jimin interrupted, "I don't know." There was a small silence.
"She misses you. She'll never admit it to me," I said with a small laugh. Jimin smiled. Taehyung was really not liking the fact that we were having this conversation. But he was just looking out for Jimin.

"She needs you more than you realise, Jimin," I said. He looked at me, not being able to say anything. "Is the clinic doing okay?" he asked. I nodded. "She's great at handling all that, isn't she?" he said with a smile. I smiled back. "I miss her too. I miss the way her nose scrunches up when something disappoints her. She wants people to focus on what's bothering her but she just looks adorable while doing that. I miss the way she has such a hard time accepting a good compliment. The way her eyes sparkle when she talks about something she loves. Her extremely weird obsession to peach iced tea. The way she just sways to nice pop songs. I miss her hugs," he said. I was so speechless.

After a while, I said, "Please don't give up on her. If she lets you in, please don't let go. She's the best friend you'll ever have. She will always be there for you, doesn't matter if it's inconvenient for her... She has trouble sleeping sometimes. Her mind is like... this really confusing maze. She gets lost in there sometimes. She just needs a direction sign which can tell her where to go. Help her out. Be that direction sign. Please let your arms be a place in which she feels safe."

Taehyung was now much more comfortable with the comversation, seeing how his best friend was dealing with this well. Jimin looked at me with teary eyes and said, "If she lets me in... You know how much I waited for that, Jungkook? Believe me, I will run to her right the fuck now if she lets me in. And I will never ever let go. But it's just my fate to not be the person she lets in. And that kills me." Taehyung was now worried. "Okay Mr. Jeon, let's stop this now. Please," he said.

"If she does let you in, will you go to her?" I asked. "Without even thinking about it," he said. I smiled wide. "Do you know she gave me Namjoon's ring to propose to Wheein?" I asked. His head immediately shot up and his eyes were wide. "I asked her a week back for her blessing and she said it was about time she got rid of it," I said. His eyes were still wide open in shock. "She's healing herself. Not for you, for herself. But because of you," I said. He couldn't say anything.

I walked towards the door. "I don't know if she'll come and talk to you, but if she does, please remember, it's because you are someone very special to her. And man, if you hurt her after that, I will fucking break your bones," I said. They both cracked a smile at that.

As I was leaving, I said, "You guys... Just don't let Jieun know I came here. She hates people meddling in her business. She calls it 'mediating'. I dont know why the fuck that is, but she is absolutely disgusted by the idea. So just... okay? Also, Taehyung? Please, just call me Jungkook." Taehyung gave me a smile and they both nodded.

I turned around one last time and looked at Jimin. He waited for me to say something. I just looked at him with a smile and said, "She'll love you if you love her like that."

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Oh, to have a brother like Jungkook :')
This chapter speaks volumes about what Jungkook and Jieun are as siblings. They always have each other's back, and they look out for each other.
Jungkook is my absolute favourite character in this series. I loved writing his POV :))