Chapter 42: "Only for you."

Jieun's POV:
"I thought I told you that I didn't want to see you anymore, Jieun," he said. It hurt. "Please, Jimin. I really really want to talk to you. Please, just hear me out. Once," I said, imploring. "Fine. Let me wrap up here and then let's take a walk. There's a nice park few minutes from here," he said and started finishing up.

"Congratulations on your book. I'm sure it's absolutely brilliant," I said. "Tell me your honest feedback once you read it," he said, not rudely. I nodded.

After he was done, we were walking in the park. "What did you want to talk about?" he asked. "I, umm... I fixed things around me," I said. "Yeah? Like what? Your father?" he asked. "Yeah... for starters, fixed things with my father," I said. "Good for you," he said. His hostile tone was hurtful, but understandable. I then proceeded to tell him about what exactly I had done these past six weeks. Every single thing.

After I was done, Jimin was speechless. I continued, "Thank you... If it wasn't for you, I would've never done all that. I feel... a lot better now. Lighter." He stopped to look at me. I looked at him too. "I'm happy I helped," he said. We resumed walking. "I also wanted to say that... That I like you," I said. He froze. "Okay, I know this can seem very rude of me and I could come off as a total bitch who just wants you around but I swear thats not it. I swear I have thought this through. I swear I am not just saying this because you helped me. You just... Your presence makes me very happy... I'm very sorry... I screwed up, okay? I can't promise I'll never hurt you, because you are now very familiar with how ironic it is that I study behaviour and treat people out of their tough times when I can't manage my own emotions and feelings well. But I swear, if you'll want it, I'd love to be a part of your life and support you. And if you don't want that, it's completely okay. I need you to know I'm very grateful for all that you unknowingly did for me. Thank you. Very much," I said.

He just looked at me. Didn't say a word. "Are you gonna say something because I'm starting to get very anxious about this and I-" I was interrupted with him suddenly crashing his lips on mine. I gasped but soon responded. His lips were so soft. My hand snaked around his neck and his moved to my waist as we both deepened the kiss. It felt so surreal.  I don't want to say it felt perfect, because... there's no such thing as perfect. It just felt... natural. Like this is where things are supposed to be right now. We seperated, breathless. We touched our foreheads together and Jimin whispered, "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." I giggled.

Letting every amygdala impulse take over, I drove us to my apartment. As soon as we were inside the house, Jimin pinned me against the door and kissed me, hungrily. I let him, all restraints out the window. We moved to the bedroom, and as he lay on top of me, he said, "I need to know if this is what you want. I'll stop immediately if you want to take this slow, it's complete oka-" I cut him off with a kiss. "You talk too much," I said.

He smiled. "You can tell me to stop. Anytime. You know that right?" he said.

I just looked at him.

I realised that this was the first time I had really looked at his striking features. This was him. All his pretenses had disappeared - his smirk, his smug words, his flirty demeanor. This was his vulnerable side. And Park Jimin... was beautiful.

I responded with a kiss, into which he smiled. Pulling back, I said, "Yes, I know."

After a very very long and passionate night, we lay next to each other under the sheets, snuggling. His steady heart beat calming all the chaos in my mind. "I'm gonna need to do a lot more of that. And very often," he said. I didn't even need to look at him, I just knew there was a smirk plastered to his face. "That really was amazing, Jimin," I said. "Be my girlfriend now?" he asked. "You're an idiot," I said, lifting myself up and looking into his eyes. "Only for you," he said. "Flirt," I said, leaning in for a kiss. After a short kiss, he said, "That's not gonna be enough, Jieun. I'm gonna need verbal confirmation-" "Yes, you fool! I'll be your girlfriend!" I said. He laughed.

We soon drifted off.

That was the best goddamn sleep I'd had in years.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Namjoon and Jieun had their own charm, but I love Jimin and Jieun so much!! I'm so excited for you guys to read them.
Also, about psychologists/psychiatrists and their personal lives... It is actually really common for therapists to have unsteady personal lives. Self diagnosis is supremely difficult, so you might've heard the saying, "You therapist also has a therapist."
Yes, it is ironic, but it's true.