Chapter 52: "Being the best."

Author's POV:
Yoongi showed up at Jieun's clinic on time. Jieun and Boemgyu were both surprised he turned up. But Jieun was delighted because it meant she would now reach a breakthrough with him. Yoongi entered her office with a small smile.

Jieun said, "First of all, thank you for coming. Secondly, I'm terribly sorry about the way I spoke in our last session, that was extremely unprofessional. That's not how I'm supposed to speak to my client. I understand if you felt like I crossed a boundary. I apologise." Yoongi looked at her for a while and said, "The way you spoke, huh? Doc, that is the whole reason I'm here. So I think I should thank you." They both shared a small smile.

"Okay, so today's session is not going to be conducted here," Jieun said. Yoongi gave her a puzzled look. "We'll be late today," she continued with a smile. "Where are we going?" he asked. "To the amusement park!" she said enthusiastically. "What?!" he exclaimed, "Nonono, I don't do well with amusement parks!" "Do you have a medical issue?" she asked. "No... I'm just terrified," he said. "Okay then! You don't have a choice," she said with a smile. "Why am I regretting coming here?" he said. She laughed and they exited her office.

Hoseok stood up worried. "We'll be late tonight, Mr. Hoseok. You can go home if you want to. I don't know if Beomgyu will be able to keep you company," Jieun said. "No ma'am, that's quite alright. I'll be okay here," Beomgyu said. "Yeah, I'll wait too," Hoseok replied. "Okay then, just hold on a minute, I have to make a call," Jieun said and called Jimin up.

JM: "Hey, love."

Her heart swelling up at his voice and words.

Jieun: "Hi! Just called to say I'll be late tonight. Need to catch up on some stuff."
JM: "Oh okay! You sound happy, looks like things are going according to plan!"
Jieun: "Totally!"
JM: "That's fab. Knew you could do it. Okay, I'll be out with Tae then. We'll partay!"
Jieun: "Hahah, okay. Have fun! Bye, babe."
JM: "Byie!"

They both hung up.

Jieun and Yoongi drove to the amusement park. There weren't too many people given it was a weekday, but that only meant no waiting for the rides.

Jieun quickly purchased the tickets for the rides and they both were on rollercoasters and in the tiny teacup rides. Jieun would occasionally laugh at Yoongi's condition during the rides, but he didn't complain and had fun too. He would crib before every ride, but still do it and in the end enjoy the feels.

After a good 30 mins of enjoying the rides, they sat for some food. Iconic amusement park food - cotton candy. "This was weirdly fun," Yoongi said with a smile. A genuine, lovely smile. Jieun was so happy she could see her client smile for the first time. "Was it exhilarating?" she asked. "Oh God! YES! I still feel the adrenaline. I don't think I'll ever forget this day!" he said. "Did you ever feel the need for alcohol during our time here?" she asked. His smile dropped but soon he smiled again. He said, "No... I felt... good..."

Jieun smiled and said, "There's always ways to feel good without... let's say, help. I hope today made you realise that. Do things that make you truly feel alive and aware of every action you do. Why miss out on these small pockets of happiness for something as momentary as alcohol?" She paused to look at him. He was looking at her too. She smiled and continued, "Eat good food, excercise daily and feel good about what you have. I agree, you may have lost a lot. But there must be something you've gained. Numbing down the pain is not the healthiest solution."

He nodded. "This amusement park is where I hold my most precious childhood memories. My father, brother and I would come here almost every two or three months. Our father would buy us rows of tickets so that we could splurge on as many rides as we wanted. I know even my brother would say that this is one of his most treasured memories... It's very important that our parents leave us good things to remember. It's important we don't lose our childhood before it truly ends... Now that you have relived my best childhood memory, I want us to relive yours. Is that okay?" Jieun asked.