19. mourning mr.lahey

A/N Hey all! You guys are giving me such motivation to keep pushing out chapters! Seeing your comments on the chapters and on the tiktoks I make really make this worth it! I hope you guys like the little plot changes I've been adding. I know it's not exactly the plot but it wouldn't be a fanfic if it was!

A week after the death of Isaac's dad, three other bodies had turned up, killed in the same manner as Mr.Lahey. A mechanic from the local car shop, a hunter with the Argent family, and a husband who was living in an RV with a pregnant wife. The wife was murdered after the baby was born, smothered.

The pack had planned a funeral for Mr.Lahey, well Sage had planned a funeral. Everyone else just wanted to show support. After hearing Isaac's history with his father, no one in the pack planned on mourning him, but Isaac deserved a chance to say goodbye and grieve.

The day of the funeral was upon them, and most of the teens were at the Mccall House getting ready. Seraphina and Derek had a few other things to take care of at Sage's request. Even if she held hatred for his father, Isaac's mourning would not be interrupted.

Sage smoothed the edges of her dress before going up the steps to check on the boys. She knocked on Isaac's door and waited for confirmation to come in. She opened the door to see him struggling to fix his tie. He seemed to be really intent on making it perfect.

"Are you gonna try and eat me if I offer to help?" She teased, hoping to get a smile. She did.

"No promises." He dropped his hands to let the girl fix the tie.

After a second of fidgeting, Sage dropped her hands revealing a perfect tie, "Tada!"

"You really are a miracle worker aren't you?" Isaac fixed his suit jacket and took a look at himself in the mirror.

"For tying your tie? Hardly."

"Not just for the tie. You didn't even know my father and you planned him a funeral." Isaac looked down at Sage, that sad look in his eyes returning.

"I didn't need to know him. You knew him. Everyone deserves a chance to say goodbye to their parents." Sage sat down at the desk chair and smiled.

"I know you probably don't wanna hear this but he would've liked you." Isaac laughed, yet you could tell he wasn't happy.

"Really?"

-

After the funeral, the pack decided to spend time at the Mccall's. Melissa had gotten called into work as soon as they arrived so it was just them. They all helped themselves to the food Melissa and Sage had spent the night before preparing and sat in the living room to talk.

Sage pulled Seraphina and Derek outside to retrieve something leaving the boys and Evangeline to talk amongst themselves. Evangeline had been waiting for a chance to question both her little brother and Isaac about their very obvious feelings for Sage and Seraphina, but she wasn't sure if now was the best time. Almost as if he read her mind, Stiles spoke up.

"So Isaac, you and Sage?" He shoved a cracker and a slice of cheese into his mouth.

"Me and Sage? I'm not sure what you're asking?" Isaac felt his face heating up and his heartbeat sped up a little.

"Isaac you know I can hear your heartbeat right?" Scott pointed out and laughed.

"And it doesn't take werewolf senses to see how you look at her." Stiles gave his best friend a fist bump.

"Yeah, it's the same way you look at Seraphina, Stiles." Evangeline chimed in, causing Stiles to mirror Isaac's confusion.

"I do not look at Seraphina!" He denied and paused for a second. "Do you think it's obvious? Never mind we're talking about Isaac."