4. what are they?

A/N I hope everyone's enjoying the fic, I have no idea on a steady posting schedule but this fanfic means a lot to me so I'm hoping I don't stray from posting any time soon.

'Derek Hale is the wolf who bit me'

The sound of Scott saying those words echoed in Sage's head for the rest of the day. Lydia caught up to her as she walked to the lacrosse field to ask about Sage running off earlier in the day.

"Hello? Where the hell did you go after lunch? You just got up and bolted! I had found something more about the fire." Lydia said after nearly running to catch up with her best friend.

"Oh, sorry. I realized I promised I'd meet Stiles and Scott during free period and if I didn't run I'd be late." Sage lied almost instinctively.

"Sage, you know that ever since 6th grade I've been able to sense a lie coming from your mouth. But you know what, I will let you have this secret. Only because I have a date with Allison tonight. She's taking me to meet her parents, wish me luck." Lydia gave Sage a quick hug before disappearing into the crowd of LAX boys.

Lydia Martin was many things, and one of those things was openly pansexual and dating Allison Argent, who had moved to Beacon Hills in between the winter break. They hit it off immediately and Lydia, being the bold person she was, asked her out. Sage had spoken to her from time to time but that was the part of Lydia's life she left alone. She has Scott and Stiles, and Lydia had Allison.

-

Sage watched her father put up the list for first line, a right of passage of the lacrosse team. It was essentially varsity, and Coach Finstock was very picky about his first line boys. She could hear the boys hurrying to get dressed so they could look at the list, which was placed right outside of the locker room.

"So he did make it. I knew it." Sage said to her dad as he patted her head softly, walking into the locker room.

Sage moved out of the way, knowing that the entire lacrosse team was about to come storming out to see if their names were on the list. She stood just off to the side to watch the reactions. Scott and Stiles were the first to the list as if they expected to be on the bench.

"Holy shit Scott you made first line!" Stiles screamed and jumped on Scott grabbing Sage to share in on the hug.

"I made first line!" Scott cheered!

"Congratulations Mccall, I guess we're first line together this year." Jackson Whittemore, lacrosse captain, and Lydia's ex-boyfriend.

"Thanks, Whittemore."

Sage turned to watch the rest of the reactions, then made her way to her dad's office to grab her house keys from on top of his desk. She turned off the lights and turned around, walking through the locker room to get back to Scott and Stiles.

Isaac Lahey was the only one still in the locker room. He liked to wait before checking the list, it was less chaos. He had enough chaos in his home life. His life was full of puzzle pieces with no space. He looked up at the sound of the door and when she walked in, his world fell into place.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry! I didn't know anyone was still in here! I figured everyone would be looking at the list." Sage said covering her eyes, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks.

"It's okay, I'm fully clothed. I just like sitting in here so that when I go out there, the list isn't crowded. I'm Isaac by the way, Isaac Lahey." When she moved her hand from her eyes, she recognized the boy.

Isaac Lahey was one of the players Coach bragged about. He wasn't on first-line last year because he was only a freshman, but Sage knew how excited her dad was to put him to work this year. He was cute, his dirty blonde hair fell in a way where the curls framed his face, and his eyes were so blue that they were almost grey. Sage felt herself staring and cleared her throat.