37. The History Books

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

Merlin POV:

I couldn't believe my eyes when the results came through. I had never expected it to be this bad. Not in a million years.

"So, what are we going to do?" Morgana asks looking at me with a worried look.

"What we can" I say grabbing my staff ready to look for the child

"Merlin! Wait! What are you doing?!"

Morgana was quick at her feet. I could tell she didn't want the child to go to any harm. I sigh and slump myself into the chair. I didn't know what we were going to do. I placed my hand over face.

Morgana sighs looking the results one more time.

"Please, don't tell me that you have grown found of the child's presence" I ask looking up from my gaze.

She gives me a dirty look. It was a dumb question but if was worth asking.

"I could ask you the same" She replies putting the scroll back on the table

It was true we both liked the girl. She was young and interested in magic. She didn't mean any harm. If anything, it would be good to protect her.

But the down side of that, would be controlling her power and what she knows about her own existence.

"But how did this even happen? I thought demon's and angels went to war CENTURIES AGO! That was...."

"7000 years ago, Morgana" I correct

She gasps. "Then how old is this child?"

The thing is even I couldn't find out.

"But how could she be half an Angel and half a Demon? That shouldn't have ever happened! It defies all the history books!"

"It defies history in general Morgana" I stay standing up and opening the book

The title read "Demons and Angels, Volume 1"

I opened up to the page that was needed.

"See here, if an angel and demon combine into a child it would usually be either an angel or demon but in Laylah's case, there must had been an interruption when she was being summoned into this world"

"Which means..." Morgana says slowly as her eyes gleam with knowing the answer.

"The arcane order where after her parents when she was being summoned, The Arcane Order need both a demon and an angel in order to find the seals and awaken the titans"

"So, when she was being summoned, the arcane order interfered, a demon's power is to protect one's self and their own well-being. An angel however serves god and holy spirit so they don't have the ability to kill unless threatened, you would think Laylah's mother would be threatened, but her power was on her child, which caused the end product to be..."

"An angel and a demon" Morgana finishes

"So, it ended up, both parents being killed and their child was teleported into the forest where you accidentally found her"

I shut the book and put it back onto the shelf.

"But what about any other demon's and angels? And if she was born that very same day I found her why does she look like she's 5?"

Morgana had a lot of questions. And so, did I. But sometimes not everyone had the answers.

"Well clearly her parents were in desperate need to save their kind as they were both on the brink from extinction so they decide to make a truce"

"So, what do we do then Merlin?"

I sigh. The best thing we could do was hide the child under our protection.

"We protect her, but we don't tell her about her abilities"

"If we raise her smoothly and in the right path and grow her up to be both of our apprentice and my partner in magic..."

"Then she will just be like any other wizard"

I chuckle a bit.

Morgana's face droops a bit.

"It seems wrong but whatever is best for the child's safety is.... well what it is"

✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~✰-~

𝐇𝐞𝐲𝐲!

𝐓𝐘𝐒𝐌 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝟓𝐊 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐒. 𝐀𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇𝐇!

𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖! 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐡'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭. 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 😊

𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝.

𝐒𝐨𝐨? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤! 𝐁𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝!

𝐏𝐥𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐱,

𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞