61: souvenir

As said, Jungkook was doing good in his time off the job. Lu was doing perfectly as jungkook's replacement for the time being. Jungkook was taken off most of the work and was now relaxing a lot and spending quality time with taehyung. like now. The two were on the couch. Taehyung resting his head on Jungkook's legs while Jungkook was on his phone. they didn't have to do something to enjoy their time. just sitting together like this was enough, they didn't need to speak or do something all the time.

"Do you....like kids?" Jungkook asked suddenly. The hybrid looked at the raven who was avoiding eye contact. He hummed thinking about the question.

"Yes, I do. why?'' Taehyung said. Jungkook shrugged and stayed silent for a while.

"i uh....just a question" jungkook didn't know why he felt so nervous talking about this, he shouldn't be so nervous over something. Well, this was a different moment. Jungkook had been thinking about kids. wondering if he could raise his own. he had seen so many happy families outside on the streets it made him think. He knows taehyung can get babies because he was a hybrid and not a normal human. Jungkook had always wanted to know what it was like to have his own family. He didn't have that from a rather early age; he kind of forgot about it.

"i never thought of it actually" Taehyung said, noticing what Jungkook was thinking about.

"oh?"

"having kids"

"I did....i wondered what it's like to be a dad..."

"do you want them?"

"kids?"

"mhm" Taehyung nodded looking at Jungkook who looked away from his phone staring at Taehyung's hands.

"I think so, yes....I can't explain why but something inside me wants this. my own family, our own little souvenirs of love. learn them to bike, take them to a playground. do normal things."

Taehyung's eyes softened, he hadn't seen this type of jungkook before and it made him melt. imagining the mafia leader with a little kid playing on the swing, or him with a baby feeding them carefully. It looked so cute in his eyes. He smiled at the thoughts and moved closer to Jungkook, taking the phone from his hand and placing it on the couch, freeing the space for him to lay down on Jungkook's chest.

"But then, I don't think I can be a dad. I don't know what to do, what if I drop the baby the first second, it would die!" Jungkook was already imagining everything going wrong on his side.

"Hey relax, you will be fine. Dad or not, both sides of you are amazing" taehyung said, cupping jungkooks face and pecking his lips. "i can imagine you smiling at the baby"

"i don't smile tae"

"yes you do" taehyung frowned and shut jungkook's lips with his finger. "don't pretend to be so cold. you aren't that cold kookie. to me you're very warm"

"hm, yes to you i'm always kind now. But not to unknown people, you can't tell me to do otherwise"

"You will be nice to our kid too, right, mister?"

"Of course!" Jungkook's eyes widened. He didn't want to imagine himself being rude to his own kid. He was already thinking they had one right now. but it wasn't. The new warm and exciting feeling inside of him was not leaving his body. Speaking about this made him feel, happy. Jungkok now realised he really did want this. "so do you...want to have kids together?"

"i uh..."taehyung averted his eyes fthis time. he hesitated with what to reply. "I don't know now. I want to think about it..."

"thats...thats okay" jungkook's smile faded a little and he felt an odd feeling inside of him. He didn't want to hear a 'no'. he is sure he would feel a little hurt in his heart but he can't force the hybrid to anything. If Taehyung didn't want any then Jungkook would accept it. it's not like something changes from what they are/have now. his life would just continue with only taehyung at his side. That was okay too. but the thought of coming home and having a little child run to him all happy and smiling was a nice thought. He would really like to have such a thing. a nice moment of relaxing from all the stress at the job. "I really want to have a kid, but I will wait for your answer, please don't feel pressured into anything."

"I'm sorry, I will try not to think too long. and thank you" taehyung said. He wasn't sure about this. He didn't doubt Jungkook in his ability to be a dad. Jungkook would be a perfect father, he was mature and adventurous. He had a protective and caring side. He was a man their kid could look up to. but taehyung was worried about himself. He wasn't someone like jungkook. he was a hybrid, he can't even properly read. He had so many flaws and things their kid needs but he can't teach/show them. Taehyung wasn't a good person to look up to for a child. Taehyung knew he wasn't mature, it was really hard for him to even act mature. He wasn't used to it yet. people would call him kid around here as a nickname. but it made Taehyung really worried about having his own. He didn't think he could do such a thing.

"Hey where are you going?" Jungkook asked, seeing taehyung get off him and put on his fluffy slippers again.

"upstairs to..shower" taehyung replied he wanted to think but not with jungkook here, he wanted to be alone for a moment.

"oh....okay" jungkook looked at the hybrid who walked to their bedroom. He had noticed taehyung's sudden change in mood, he had seen the boy was looking down. something was definitely troubling him. Was it Jungkook's question about the kids? Jungkook was pretty sure that was it but he didnt know why taehyung was troubled by that. Even if that was it jungkook will leave him alone for now, he won't push the other to tell him now. maybe later, or taehyung might even tell him himself what was wrong. for now jungkook will just let him be.

---

thank you for reading. i mentioned mpreg in this story, yall want kids? 

see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼