Chapter 23: Awake, Confessions and A Chance to Make things Right

A/N: Confessions are at long last made, a surprise for both Steven and Mick and a chance to make things right...

I find myself waking up and I groan...my head is killing me! It hurts so bad; I start to cry....

"Ow!!!"

"What's wrong?!" A very familiar sounding voice sounds out...but it's hard for to place it. It sounds so worried though.

"Head.... hurts...ow." Each word literally seems to flow out of me like molasses...and I hear that voice, I think asking for something for pain...and I think they're saying it will be safe for the baby? My eyes are shut...light hurts. I groan and am vaguely aware soon of the pain lessening and I fall into sleep....

I find myself waking up, once more after I don't know how long...my headache or rather migraine is gone, thank God! And I hear....

"Steven? Honey? Are you ok now? Need anything?" That voice again...it sounds so anxious, but I can hear the emotion in the tone.... i slowly open my eyes and to my shock.... i find Mick sitting by my bedside, in tears...Mick Mars in tears?!! This is the twilight zone...but wait...tears...tears for me! My eyes widen and I panic when my brain kicks in...about the baby.

"The baby...the baby...is the baby, ok?!"

"Shh, shh.... its ok Steven...it's gonna be ok...I need you to breathe honey. Please for me." Mick says, voice full of tears. I do as he says and bring my hands down to my rounded belly and sigh and cry both, but with relief. "You're in the hospital, you got sick and passed out...but not before telling me you were pregnant." Mick looks extremely guilty...and I think I know why...

"I don't even remember that really...are they going to check on me?" I murmur.

"Yes, they are...Steven there's so much I want to say...so much..." I cut Mick off.

"I wanted to talk to you Mick...it's been a long time coming. But first before we go any further...I want you to know, that I FORGIVE you." Tears stream down my face and his, and I realize, and it seems so does he the gravity of my words. His walls, at last have finally fallen...I can feel it...we need to talk and all...we will...but oh my heart...my shattered heart, is being healed.

"I want to earn your forgiveness Steven...I mean it." Mick gently takes on my hands in his, making my breath hitch.

"You already HAVE, you...last night...the pizza...and making sure I was ok...you're here NOW. And I've been doing some thinking...you're not the only one, who needed time to find the words." His eyes widen at my words, and I give him a smile, to show its ok and that I mean them.

"There's so much I want to say to you...I realized before talking to Perry...and all...but Perry and YOU finally made me SEE. Let me start at the beginning first, like why I treated you the way I have. I was married once, many years ago.... the bitch used me, and it fucking crashed and burned spectacularly. Then any relationships thereafter, I was only 'loved' because I could play guitar and had talent. You were right my reasons were bullshit because I realize...I should have told you from the very beginning. See, Steven...." Mick pauses a moment and I gently squeeze his hand to give him strength and he squeezes back before continuing, "Then came you...when I met you.... I'd never. Even so called 'friends' had anyone seek me out. Never, you were and are pure sunshine. You've never treated me as the 'old man'. But I've denied that, it had been so long since I've felt the things I've felt since we've met, I was afraid to fall...afraid...I wasn't good enough for you...too old and what I didn't realize...is the morning after we slept together....i broke your heart and mine, I felt I was too rough and you were right...it didn't FEEL like a mistake, because that would be saying our baby is a mistake....i am so sorry you've had such a rough time and nightmares because of ME. And too, I mean this when I say...I want to be a family with you, stand by your side and love you as you should be loved. I see it all now and Steven Adler, I love you."

"Oh Mick!!! You love me...you love me.... for so long it seems I was very angry and hurt...and, and...well on top of tour stress and hiding my pregnancy....and despite everything, I very much want to raise a family with you, this has been my greatest dream. I'm sorry I hid this from you...I was just so scared! And I-I didn't go to the doctor...because...I didn't want you to know...cause I thought.... i needed time." Mick surprises me by cupping my face gently in his hands, thumbing away my tears.

"Steven.... Steven, honey...I'm not angry at you. I understand why you did. It will be ok, I promise you...from now on, things will be different...a chance to make things right." Mick doesn't say anymore as they wheel me to an exam room to check on the baby...and I get nervous....as they wheel in the ultra-sound machine.

"I...I've been so sick...baby so big...scared." I whisper.

"I'm here, I'm here...honey...please breathe." Mick presses a kiss to my temple, and we get underway. Detailing my symptoms, that I am in a band.... all that jazz and I lift my hospital gown....and cold gel is put on my stomach making me shiver as a wand is moved back and forth over my belly and the doctor's brow furrows....

"Well now.... from what you've told us and the information we gathered. Steven your carrying triplets."

I am stunned! Triplets?!...i think a moment, and oh my god, it all makes sense now! Like why I am SO huge!

"Are, are you sure?" I ask the doctor. Mick's tears start anew, and I see the guilt there.

"Yes, would you and your partner like to see?" Both of us manage a nod. And my eyes widen, I really am carrying triplets! Three small babies are outlined in black and white....and I am in love.

"Are they ok?" Mick asks desperately.

"They are, and despite the morning sickness your partner has had, they appear to be healthy, although Steven is actually underweight. But do you want to hear their heart beats?" The Doctor addresses Mick and then I...we nod and hear....3 rapid...but strong little heart beats. Finally, we get copies of the ultra-sound, and I am back in my room with Mick.

"Steven? Honey...I know it's a huge shock and I feel SO fucking guilty, that I wasn't there for you...that you suffered for these past few months. I'm sorry for that. But I am not going to go anywhere, I happy that you're carrying our children, now I have 3 more beautiful reasons besides you to make things right....and I know this is really soon....but I was hoping you'd come to stay with me at my house on break, I want you to because....i can take care of you and show you I've changed. And I know that you don't want to be alone...and you won't be. I love you and therefore I love these babies." Mick looks nervous, yet his features are soft.

"Know what? You HAVE already changed, and I see what it means to you. I'll go with you, stay with you. It's all I've EVER. Wanted....is you...to be with you...and Mick? I love you...love you so damn much." Tears once more stream down my face and I realize I can feel Mick's breath now, ghosting across my lips...

"I love you Steven...I love you...and our babies." And with that he seals his lips over mine...and I let go. This, now THIS is a kiss! He's holding nothing back and neither am I. I feel the love he's giving me and vice versa and after we part for air. "The guys are coming by here soon honey, they know everything...and if you are wondering they aren't angry at you. They love you and so do I. they don't know yet about the triplets. But we will tell them."

I grin at Mick's words, "We will babe...we will. Does this mean...well I can call you, my boyfriend?" My tone hopeful. And Mick...smiles, an actual smile and I nearly stop breathing.

"Yes, yes it does. I want nothing more!" With that, I once more feel his lips against mine, our hearts beating at last as one and I feel his hands drift down to my swollen belly, gently stroking where our triplets lay. My heart is full...my heart is at last made whole.

A/N: Now I cannot wait to hear thoughts on this!! Confessions, talks, long awaited words...and healing, love, triplets....and more! Next chapter the guys of Motley and Guns will visit, and Mick will no longer shun steven from showing affection in front of everyone, for at last the walls are down and things are being made right.