Chapter 26: Welcome to my home

A/N: Arriving at Mars Mountain, Steven's reaction to seeing his boyfriend's home in person and more!

We'd gotten in the car and conversation flowed easily and even when there was no speaking...well we could speak without words. Now what's love! I find myself groggily attempting to open my eyes....and my groan brings my boyfriend's voice to me...

"Stevie? You, ok? You'd fallen asleep a few minutes ago."

"Mmm, I did? I didn't realize it. But I'm ok Mick, I feel like a damn cat because I am constantly falling asleep. I've had awful insomnia since I've found out I was pregnant. I haven't been able to just rest." I state quietly, tears of frustration gathering in my eyes. I love my babies, I do. I love Mick, I'm just frustrated NOW because of the thought of the tour period and the fact I can't fucking sleep like I want or need.

Mick sensing my frustration, puts his car in park and turns to me while taking my hands in his, "God baby I am SO sorry, but now you'll be able to rest like you need. I can promise that. And I can tell your frustrated too because of the tour in general...and I know you worry as I do about once, we go back."

I look at him in surprise, my eyes wide. "H-How did you know, w-what I was thinking?" Mick disengages his hands from mine, to gently cup my face in his hands.

"Because now that I'm not blind...I can see it. I see YOU. We can get thru whatever comes our way together." Mick thumbs away my tears before chuckling, "by the way, we're sitting at the bottom of my drive-way. I wanted you to see it from this view here first...and speaking of first...before you see my house..." Mick trails off and pulls me into a kiss and I run my fingers thru his silky hair.

I smile at him after our kiss and laugh, "Guess I was distracted."

"It's ok honey...now look up." Mick's voice is amused and nervous and soft all at one and I look up and gasp as I see...

"Holy SHIT!! It really is a castle! It's, it's AMAZING."

"Then you like it?" Mick asks. I turn my gaze back to him.

"Fucking love, it babe. Now, give your babies some love and let's get up there."

Mick smiles and obliges me, by showing our babies housed in my swollen belly affection and lifting my t-shirt reverently and giving the swollen and tender flesh kisses and then we at last make our way up the drive and head into the house...and once inside the house, I take in my surroundings, my hands on my belly. It's just like Mick described...and it feels, it feels too like HOME.

"I'll go get our bags and stuff. Here, let me get you propped up on the couch in the living room." Mick slides an arm around my ample waist, hand on my stomach, thereby joining my hands. I melt at his touch.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help?" I'm concerned, but about his back.

"Stevie, if you're worried about my back...I'm fine. It's funny or not really, but You numb my pain." He guides me to his cozy yet spacious living room and turns on the tv, putting in cartoons. I grin, my favorite. "I'll be back in a minute, ok? Just rest and let me know if you need anything."

"Ok Mick, love you." I smile gently as he fusses over me, making sure my feet are propped up, he kisses me then gathers our bags in what seems to be record time. Soon handing me my goody bag. "Wow that was fast!"

"Just eager to get back to you." Mick says joining me on the couch. "Did you want a tour or wanna wait?" I yawn hugely, finding myself just wanting to SLEEP.

"I. Think...can we go upstairs? I need a nap." Gently he helps me off the couch and grabs my goody bag and carefully we head upstairs. Before stopping at a closed door, a bedroom I assume.

"Steven? I was hoping...um...well this is my bedroom and I already.... your bags are in here. I was hoping...you'd stay here in my room." Mick stammers nervously.

"Are you kidding me?! I'd love to!!" Mick's nerves seem to go away, and his smile makes me smile and he opens the door and I gasp...his room, is painted in a neutral yet warm brown, like chocolate but offset are splashes of color, like blues and reds and even...orange?! His bed, the bedding is blue and gray rather like Mick's eyes. I manage to find my voice, "God, I love it! It's cozy and there's even some orange...orange is my favorite color and scent."

"I am glad you love it Stevie, I'm glad you're here with me. This I will remember this forever. Now, why don't I help you change into something better for sleeping?" Mick comes around to face me, tilting my chin up to look at him.

"That sounds wonderful! I really appreciate all you're doing for me. It makes me fall more in love with you Mick. I love you."

"I love you too." I feel his lips against mine, both of us kissing in sync, the rhythm hypnotic before at last parting, as Mick helps me change into a black t-shirt and black jogging pants and helps get me under the covers making sure I'm comfy. "There all cozy. Feel, ok? Nauseous? Need anything?" Mick asks anxiously.

"I feel like I could fly, I feel good. Just really, tired. I can't believe it's only what 3:30 in the afternoon?" A thought occurs to me, "Wont you be lonely with me here asleep?"

Mick whose sitting on my side of the bed says, "No...because I know you're here. I'll stay with you till you fall asleep, and I will wash our clothes and take care of some household stuff. But if you need me, you need only to call my name Stevie."

"That was beautiful!" I start getting emotional, can't help it. "And I will...I will call for you and I know you'll answer. Or I'll come find you. I love you!"

"And I love YOU and our babies, these precious little angels inside you." Mick has his hands now on my stomach, gently rubbing it. "Now sleep ok, you're struggling to stay awake honey. Sleep. I'm here, ok?"

I yawn, "MMM- kay." I murmur sleepily before at last drifting off, hearing Mick hum a tune, it's unfamiliar but it sounds so, well loving. There is a smile on my face, I know. Finally, and for two weeks I can relax...everything else can wait...and even then, I know Mick will be by my side forever to get me thru whatever I need to face. And I dream...in sleep I dream, I dream of us and our future life together....and God, it's the most amazing feeling!

A/N: At Mars Mountain at last! Loving moments, emotional ones and just being together. Next chapter will be a late-night date night, which will coincide with Steven's pregnancy cravings. More to follow soon!