Chapter 38: Here we are at Month 7

A/N: Things are in motion...for perhaps the triplets to come early...

Quiet, I am QUIET. I haven't spoken very much, hardly at all today. I just really haven't felt good, Mick is worried...I AM WORRIED. I've just entered my 7th month of pregnancy and I love my babies with all my heart and soul...but I FEEL bad...miserable right now. Mick just took me to the doctor's and the babies are healthy, but apparently, I'm already dilated 2-3 centimeters...freaked me the fuck out. The doctor said that since I am carrying multiples, that there's a high chance they will come early...I'm SCARED. It's too soon for them to be born...too soon. But at least, car seats, my overnight bags and the triplets' bags are packed and ready, so that's something. I think that....

"Stevie? Honey, you've hardly said a word today...I'm worried about you. Talk to me please." Mick's worried tone floats thru to me at last, currently we are on our way home.

"You know WHY." I whispered, "I'm already dilated some...it's too fucking early Mick...I'm scared to death...and I just don't feel good at all...and i-I..." I hiss as it feels like my stomach tightens. I'm vaguely aware, the car has stopped....and then the tightening stops. I feel the tears fall down my face, like a raging river. "It started...tightening...my belly...no, no...NO!! My body can't be ready or getting ready to deliver them!" I'm starting to panic, the children with in me, oddly enough moving calmly.

I feel my face gently tilted up as I'd been looking down at my belly and meet Mick's gaze, that is filled with tears. "OH STEVEN, honey I know...you're scared to death.... i am too. I don't want to lose you or our children, but I am telling you it will be ok. It will, I will be beside you every moment...every moment. I won't let anything bad happen to you or our children.... multiples come early...they...come early..." Mick takes a shuddering breath and breaks down. "I hate seeing you in pain...but you can do this...we can do this. I love you...I love you."

"I love you too.... can we go home?" I whisper.

"Yes, and I'm gonna take care of you." Mick kisses me, and I cling to him as best I can. And so, we resume our journey home and upon arrival...I opt to go lay in bed, so Mick helps me upstairs...me pausing every so often, since I get breathless easily and finally, we make our way into the bedroom, where Mick helps me sit on the edge of the bed. "Do you want a bath or a shower?" Mick asks sitting beside me and rubbing my back and then my stomach.

"Bath, maybe it may help some with my back. It's still hurting some." Suddenly I clutch my stomach as I feel it tighten once again. "Ouch!" I hiss. I feel Mick place his hands on my stomach, rubbing it in slow firm circles and it stops, making me sigh with relief.

"I've got you honey, now after your bath...I'll bring you something to eat, you need to eat even if you don't feel like it for our babies' sakes." Mick carefully and slowly helps me to our bathroom and strips me and dresses me in just a robe, as he then sits me down at the vanity while he gets my bath ready and soon the scent of orange fills the air, I sniff the air in appreciation.

"OOOH, that smells SO good babe! Thank you so much for taking care of me Mick." I tell him sincerely as I get a little bit misty.

Mick turns from the bath, which seems to be ready to smile softly at me. "Your smile is thanks enough, you are loving me is thanks enough, carrying my children.... god, how I love you!" and here he leans down to kiss me, before getting on his knees to talk to our triplets. "Hey there. I can't wait to see the three of you. I know you'll be as beautiful, sweet, and as energetic as your mother. I hope you get his smile...he's perfect, so I know you guys are. Mommy is scared for you to come early and so am I, but it will be ok. I know all of you will be ok. Daddy promises, you are already SO loved." Mick gently kisses my swollen belly several times and I tear up. As he gets off his knees and undoes my robe and carefully.... VERY carefully helps me into the warm water and I sigh in bliss...AH, much better! For now, at least, still very uncomfortable...but this is nice.

Mick patiently helps me bathe and then I sit in the water for a bit, hands on my stomach, the babies with in me are calm. My boyfriend notes the expression on my face and smiles.

"You must be very happy right now."

"I am." I agree with my boyfriend, before adding..., "so are our children." I start humming 'home sweet home.', and soon Mick is humming it with me. I stay in the water for a bit longer, before Mick helps me out, dries me and my hair off and gets me into a t-shirt and boxers, I pee and am at last settled in bed, sinking into our buttery feeling mattress with a sigh.

"I'm gonna get you something to eat. Sandwiches, ok?" Mick asks straightening my covers, tucking me in.

"Sure, can you make them grilled cheese? With strawberries on the side?" I ask.

"You got it honey. I'll be back soon. Please don't hesitate to call me if you need me." Mick kisses me and I promise to do so...then I feel my self doze off...but before I realize I am awake when our bedroom door opens and in walks my boyfriend bearing grilled cheeses, strawberries and water then placing the tray on my side of the bed.

"Oh, does that smell good Butterfly!" I state, salivating basically as Mick then starts to help me eat my food.

"Glad you like it Stevie, you and our babies...I dare say that we've single handedly keep the strawberry growers in business!" Mick laughs at the last part and after I chew and swallow a bite of grilled cheese, so do I.

"I'd agree baby. I'd agree." I say my tone gentle as I finish eating all my food, and my boyfriend and I both sigh with relief that I ate a decent amount of food, though I still don't feel too good. The tray is cleared and set aside, and Mick joins me in bed, his hands automatically joining mine over my stomach where it seems for now, our children are asleep...and speaking of which I yawn hugely.

"Go to sleep honey. You need the rest. I'll stay right here with you as you sleep." Mick says as my eyes start to droop and I soon give in to the siren's song of sleep, but I swear I hear him say 'I love you.' Before I am out like a light.

The triplets would arrive the next day...it would happen despite how scared I was. But I'd have Mick, I'd have him and my children in my arms...things would be ok...they would.

A/N: Signs of the triplet's imminent early arrival, which they will start to arrive next chapter. Stay tuned!