Chapter 41

Thank you all for your patience! This is a long chapter, almost 5,000 words!!

Faye's POV:

Harry said he wasn't going to stay but he lied. He laid with me all night with his arms wrapped around me, my back pressed against his chest. I figured he would have only stayed until I fell asleep not wanting anyone to find out that he is in here with me.

His confessions last night really calmed my nerves about this job Nik wants me to do with him. I was a nervous wreck about it all but then Harry told me how he felt about me it all went away. Never in a million years would I think that this was going to happen given the fact that this man kidnapped me. Fuck what have I gotten myself in to? What would Silas think about this?

My heart sinks when I think about him and I let out a quiet sigh making Harry stir behind me but he doesn't say anything so I decide to slowly turn myself over to face him. His arm is loose around me as I move but once I make myself comfortable, his hand meets the small of my back and is pulling me closer into him. My face meets his chest where I plant a small kiss before pulling back.

"Harry?" I whisper.

"Hmm?" He hums while his lips meet my forehead.

"Have you heard anything about Silas?" The words are slow and quiet leaving my mouth. Harry opens his eyes to look down at me.

"Faye, I told you that if I hear anything I will let you know." He lifts his hand to brush a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I know but I just didn't know if you heard anything and hadn't had the time to tell me." My eyes flutter down to his chest but he is quick to place finger under my chin and tilt my head up.

"I'm sure he is okay for now. Nik needs information from him and knowing Silas he probably hasn't given anything up." He tries to reassure me but the words for now stick in my head.

Sure he is fine for now and I know Silas would put up a fight before giving Nik what he wants but that also mean Nik is probably torturing him. Doing terrible things to him to get the information he wants out of him. The images that run through my mind make my body completely shiver which causes Harry to tighten his grip on me.

"I can see what I can find out okay, baby?" His thumb brushes along my cheek, comforting me and I just shake my head. He plants a soft kiss on my lips but doesn't take it any farther than just a kiss.

When he pulls back his green eyes meet mine, searching through mine trying to understand what I am thinking about. And what am I thinking about? I'm thinking about Silas, about Harry getting us out of this fucked up situation safely, about those poor woman down in the basement. Everything is running through my mind, almost making me go dizzy but my thoughts clear when I hear a knock at the door. Both of our bodies freeze immediately, keeping our eyes on each other but then Harry drags him to the door. It is locked but that doesn't stop my heart rate from rising.

"Faye, are you awake?" Nik's voice sounds from behind the large door.

"Shit!" Harry quietly curses before he is climbing out of the bed, frantically looking for the rest of his clothes.

"Harry, you need to hide." I whisper as I throw a shirt on.

"Where?" He throws his hands up.

"The closet! Get in the closet!" I point to the double doors on the other side of the room.

HIs head turns to where I am pointing and he nods his head, rushing over there and then disappearing behind the doors. I let out a breath as I tried to calm myself before opening the door. I shake my hands, getting the nerves off then walk towards the door. When I open it, Nik is standing there in black dress pants and a very nice, flawless black button up.