Chapter 65 - Maybe there's hope

"What's his problem?" Tony nodded towards where Thor was sat in self loathing

"He thinks he failed..." Loki said quietly

"Which of course he did, but we all failed," Rocket blurted out

Tony looked at Rocket with a bit of shock that he actually talked. "I literally thought you were a Build-A-Bear"

"Maybe I am," Rocket countered with a smirk, making Loki smile slightly

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him," Rhodey turned to Tony, looking hopeful for any insight

"Who told you I fought with him? Because I didn't. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the magical wizard gave away the Time Stone. There was no fight..." Tony argued, seeming to get a bit hysterical. "And the only reason I'm alive is because Y/N healed me before she vanished into dust!"

That both hit and touched Loki. Of course you had healed Tony when he was injured, right before you were dusted away, which made him feel the loss of you even more.

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Steve asked, not wanting to lose hope.

"You know, I saw this coming...years ago," Tony started to say, ignoring Steve's question. "But you all thought I was mad! I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus," Steve insisted, but he didn't get it. Not really

"And I needed you! Y/N needed you. As in past tense. That trumps anything you think you need right now. It's too late..." Tony was borderline yelling at this point as he started to stand up. "I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling all youse -" He went to take a step towards Steve but his weakened state caused his legs to buckle underneath him.

Loki was by his side in an instant, catching him before he fell over and helped him back into the chair.

"You should really rest, Tony," Loki said to him softly. It caught Tony's attention because it was the first time Loki had used his first name. They locked eyes for a few seconds before Tony gave in and gave a quick nod of his head, accepting what Loki had said.

"But we-" Steve started to protest but Loki snapped his head around and glared at Steve, which made him shut up in an instant as Loki helped Tony from the chair to a wheelchair and took him back to the compound's infirmary.

Loki made sure Tony was safely in his hospital bed and turned out the light so he could sleep.

"Loki," Tony said just as Loki was leaving the room. He paused and turned to look at Tony. "I will do everything in my power to bring her back"

"Thank you, so will I," Loki smiled to himself and left Tony to sleep while he went to find Pepper to let her know Tony was in his bed and resting before heading back to the rest of the team.

"...I can tell you where Thanos is. Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask "where would we go once his plan was complete?". His answer was always the same: "To the Garden." Loki heard Nebula say as he re-entered the lounge where everyone was still talking

"So where is he?" Steve asked, getting straight to the point as usual

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago," Rocket said and pulled up a hologram of a solar system, "on this planet" and pointed to a planet that had a red dot beeping on it