CHAPTER 68

Evening at Kim's Residence...

Jennie's POV

"Jennie how was your day today? I miss you so much." 

"Dad were still applying for a job in here, for us to have allowance in here he was doing some sideline. He was helping your uncle here in fishing." 

"Unfortunately, your Dad gets seasick. The first time he went out to sea today, he vomited non-stop. He wasn't much help at all, and had to be looked after, so we didn't earn much because of today's low catch."

 "I'm sorry, I  can't give you extra allowance. Dear, you need to be frugal with your part-time earnings. Things aren't going well, but we are working hard. Take good care of yourself, we're not with you so you must stay strong. We miss you a lot my dear daughter."

I can't stop my tears from flowing while listening to my Mom's voice messages to me. 

I clear my throat and breath out before answering her. "Take care of yourselves too. I miss you and Dad too. Don't worry about me, things will get better." I've said and send the voice message. I put down my phone on the table while wiping my tears. I should be strong and not to show them that I'm crying because they might get worried about me. 

I stir the cup noodles I've made earlier and started to eat. 

Dingdong...

"Who is it?" I asked and stands up. I walk getting closer to the door. 

"It's me, the landlord." He answered. 

 I open the door and let him in. I guided him to sit on our couch. After that I prepared tea for him and serves it. 

"Thanks." He said.

"Mr. Jang is something wrong?" I asked curious why he is here. 

"Ms. Kim, sorry to say this, I have to stop renting out this place." He said that makes me surprised.

"Why?" I asked with wide eyes. "Did something happen?" 

"Someone offered me big amount of money to buy this location for some business matters. I need that big money they offered to pay for my daughters studies in abroad. How about I return the rental fees you previously paid? On top of that I will give you an extra money as compensation? Is that okay?" He said calmly. 

"But I'm.." I said sadly he cut me off.

"I know, It's unfair to you, but it's hard for me too. I need this money urgently." He said with guilt tone. "You can stay with your friends house for a while, I'm sorry I really need that money." He added.

I looked down thinking of what should I do. But I have no choice because we just rented this house since then. The clinic and this house is not our property. I heaved a deep breath and nodded to him.

"Thank you." He replied. 

He then stands up and bow to me. "I'll get going. You can leave the house by tomorrow." He added and got out. 

I slump my butt on the couch while the tears are falling on my cheeks. Where should I go now. I wipe my tears and started to pack up my things. 

At Paradise City...

Liam's POV

"Did she really say that?" I asked amazed. "Did she really say she'll challenge my mom because of me?"  I added. 

"Too bad you weren't there. It was jaw dropping.!" Seulgi said and drank his beer. 

"We wanted to tell you sooner, but you've been missing." Jeongyeon said munching some nachos.