CHAPTER 42

Liam's POV

We are now playing the last quarter of the game. After the incident at the locker area, Jennie was still running on my mind. I felt guilty making her sad and cry. I'm totally fucked up, I was really in love with her, she always make me bow down and defeated. My mind was messed up, I couldn't think right. 

"Liam!" Seungwan suddenly said that makes me snap on my thought. He asked me to passed to him the ball. I then realize that I was just dribbling the ball while my thoughts are flown away. I passed him the ball and watch him take his shot and it is a goal. 

"Nice one!" I shouted. We make high five and then run to the other side. 

We all are exhausted, as I look at Jisoo he looks really tired but he has the determination to win for Jennie's sake. I turn my look to Jennie, her hands were clasp together while watching us play. 

"Kim Jisoo missed his shot and the ball was rebounded by Liam."  the announcer said after I got the ball and quickly passed it to Minjeong who is waiting outside the paint.

I run to the other side while Ryujin is guarding me. Minjeong passed the ball to Seungwan who is running towards the basket. I then fake a run to the left that makes Ryujin got confused then I goes instantly to the right and take a big step then Seungwan fakingly take a small shot and then I jump higher and take the ball at the air and created a wonderful dunk. 

"What a powerful dunk from Liam! The score 86 x 88 in favor of Liam's team." the announcer said. "We only have 1 minute till the game end, who would you think will win!" he added that makes the crowd chants our name loudly. 

"Liam!Liam!Liam!"

"Jisoo!Jisoo!Jisoo!"

Jisoo was dribbling the ball, I guarded him and he quickly passed it to Ryujin who's under the basket. He wanted to take a shot but I run towards him to stopped him. He immediately passed the ball outside where Son Chaeyoung is located. Son Seungwan was the one who's guarding his younger brother. They are both playing like a kid then Chaeyoung smirked and passed it to Jisoo who is at the other side. I was about to go to him but Ryujin blocked my way then Jisoo take a shot at the 3 pointer. 

"3 pointsssssss for Jisoo's team! We only have 28 seconds remaining time, the score 89 x 88 in favor of Jisoo's team.!" the announcer said. Jisoo's team looks happy. I look at the small kitten's direction and she was showing her gummy smile while her friends are hugging her like congratulating her.

I then request a time out. We all rested at our bench then Jisoo's team were across ours. I'm wiping my sweats when I felt someone is looking at me. I turn my gaze to my left and then saw the small kitten looking at me. I don't know why I felt soft again by just looking at her face. All the madness I felt for them was slowly falling, or am I not mad, I just cannot accept the truth that Jennie didn't like me. I heave a deep breath, we just stared at each other that makes my heart pumps faster. I then remembered my sister and I's conversation yesterday. 

Flashback...

"Liam.." My sister calls me while I'm sitting at our couch at the living area. 

"Neh?" I replied looking at her. 

"Mom just called, she wanted us to go there." She said. "But I decline her because I know you don't want to----."I cut her off.

"I'll go." I said.

"What?" She asked me confused. "Are you drunk or sick? Let me see." She said tapping her palm on my forehead. I just hissed to her. "It's the first time you said you'll go there, without convincing you." She added.