CHAPTER 74

Evening at the Manoban's Mansion...

Liana's POV

"Is everything taken care of?" I asked my secretary while browsing Jennie with her friends photo

"It's been carried out according to your orders." He replied.

"All good?" I asked. "If she didn't come to me tonight, then threaten Mr. Kim's Publishing Company. She was also friend with Mr. Kim's grandson." 

"Presumably." He replied that makes me turn my gaze to him.

"It's a little slow." I said raising my right eyebrow to him. He suddenly became afraid.

"Tha--ts on me. It won't happen again." He said stuttering.

I smirk a little. "Don't worry, I've always been fair in my judgement. Prepare tea for my guess later, I felt she's coming."

"Yes." He said and bowed down to me.

Jennie's POV

Knock. Knockk..

"Please come in." Mrs. Manoban's secretary said after opening her office.

I walk inside her office and saw her sipping her tea while sitting at her table. I stand in front of her.

"You're all sweaty from running, have some tea, I brought them from London." She offers.

"There's no need." I said and shook my head. "I'll leave after I speak my piece." I added and look firmly to her.

"I like your style, then let's get straight to the point." She said looking at me with fierce.

"I'll agree to all your conditions, just please stop destroying my friends' lives." I said stopping my self not to cry.

She chuckle and then get her phone. She dialed someone's number and then put it to her ear when the other line answer's her call.

"Mr. Lee, cancel all of my instructions." She said and then ended the call. She averted her gaze to me. "What will you do for me?" She asked.

I bit my lower lip a little. I deeply thought about this earlier when I saw Nayeon crying but got hesitant when I'm with Liam being happy together. But I have to decide to make things back to normal. I know this decision of mine was so selfish and it will cause pain to I and Liam. But I don't want other people to suffer just because of my own happiness. Thinking of breaking Liam's heart again gives a pang on my chest. I've already hurt him for multiple times, even if I don't want to do this, but this is the only thing I can think of way to get rid of Mrs. Manoban.

I breath out and closed my fist tightly. I closed my eyes for a second and then open it again and look straight to her eyes.

"I'll leave immediately." I said that makes her smirk a little. "And...."