CHAPTER 60

At Kim's residence...

Jennie's POV

"Jennie!Jennie, wake up!" 

"Hmmmm." I hummed. 

"What are you doing? Wake up! Liam's mom is here!" My mom yell silently that makes me open my eyes.

 I quickly get up from the bed and look at my mom. "Liam's mom?!" 

"Shhhhhh. Yes, she's in the living room." My mom said in whisper.

I hurriedly run towards our toilet to wash my face and brush my teeth. After that I changed my pajama shirt to oversized comfortable shirt and paired it with my pajama pants. I check out myself first at my mirror, after that I got out of my room .

When I reach our living room I saw Mrs. Manoban sitting at our sofa. She was across my mom and dad. They are all silent looking at each other. 

"May I ask why you came to our house?" I quickly asked when I got closer to them. 

She then turn her gaze to me

She then turn her gaze to me. "I'll get straight to the point then." She said and then turn again to my mom and dad. "Your daughter is very motivated. She put a lot of effort into my son. However, I won't let her just give up for nothing" She added and signals her secretary to gave the envelope he was holding to my mom and dad. 

We all looked to the enveloped with MB Group Logo. 

"This is a check for 1 billion won as a token of appreciation." She said. 

We three look at each other curiously. 

"What token of appreciation?" My mom asked.

"I know this is a bit rude, but your family is just managing a small business, you needs subsidy." She said that makes my blood boils. "Liam has a big burden on his shoulder's. He'll manage the whole MB Group of Companies in the future. So Jennie, I hope you could understand how a mother feels. If a stumbling block appears in your life, you'd remove it too, right?" 

"Stumbling block? What do you mean?" I asked firmly. 

"I've already made myself very clear, If you continue with what you're doing, you'll be the one who'll end up getting hurt." 

I heard my mom chuckle. " Mrs. Manoban, I think you're being too nice." 

"Mom what are you saying?" I asked curious. She then stands up and bow to her a little. 

"You're being sensible." Mrs. Manoban said to my mom. 

Mom then smile and go to our kitchen. 

She then comes back holding a plate full of flour. My eyes widened with her next move. 

She quickly poured the flour to Mrs. Manoban's head. 

"What,.......!" Mrs. Manoban yells. "What are you doing!"