Chapter 39

"Nice meeting you too DON." I said and stood straight. I couldn't see his face. None of us could. He always wore a face mask. Of course, his face must be so ugly. 

"You are still the same Ms. Bae." he said and I bit my lip to stop myself from snapping back at him and say 'you too'.  

"I'll go now and meet the others." he said and I walked away from his way and went away from there. I could see a few shocked ,surprised and confused glances from the people that were standing there witnessing the scene. 

I was walking when I saw a familiar back of a person but couldn't point out who. I sighed and shook my thoughts as I started walking to my office. Once I reached there I saw the girls tensed up, especially Yeeun.

"You all don't have to worry. I met him just now so I guess it'll be alright if you stay in here for the whole day." I said and saw them exhale a breath of relief.

Yeeun P.O.V

After she said that, I could feel myself breathing out the air I didn't know I held in for how long. She gave me a side glance and told me to come in her office. I nodded and went after her. 

"Sit down." she said and turned towards me.

"Listen to what I'm gonna say very carefully. I went to the higher ups today and I entered without permission. I saw all of them sitting comfortably as if DON was their friend. I have no idea why they were so relaxed when the DON is as much as terrifying for as it is for them. Is it an election scheme or was it something else? I have no idea what's wrong with people." she said and groaned in frustration. I sighed relating to what she said. We joined the SKNS to be free of freeing the country from crimes, corruption and unhelpful gangs. What an irony.

After an hour, we heard a knock on our door. I frowned my eyebrows and saw Sooyoung coming out with the same expression too. She signaled us to wrap up our work and give it to Jihun for her to hide it in her room's secret door, which lead to a secret room and that lead to a secret box, where only we could open up stuff. We saw Jihun rush and Sooyoung going towards the door. She saw from the peeping hole and looked towards us with a hardened expression. She mouthed a word and we got it, unfortunately. She opened the door and 'he' came in. 'You- know-who' came in. 

"DON, how can I help you?" He laughed and shook his head.

"I heard you've started investigating a case."

"Yes DO---"

"WHY ARE YOU INVESTIGATING THAT CASE WHICH WILL DO NO GOOD TO YOUR ORGANIZATION? YOU ARE DISSAPOINTING THE TALENTS AND NAME OF THE SKNS! YOU AVE BEEN HERE FOR YEARS AND YOU DON'T KNOW THIS!?" He bursted out and I could see Sooyoung's clenched jaw. But why was he so worked up on a simple case. It wasn't that his name would go drowning in a deep ocean. 

"I want you to work on what the organization gives you, rather than you trying to act smart and not obey they're orders." he said and left with his people behind him. I could smell something being burnt in my steak. What was wrong. Why was he feeling itchy? It was us who was investigating and not him. Doesn't he want common people's issues being heard? Of course not. The person who's done such cruel things to me, why would he try to be a patriot when he can't even pretend to respect women. 

Sooyoung P.O.V

I sighed and tried to control my anger. Something was definitely wrong. He was sounding desperate in removing my focus from the case but he can't do it. I'll get even more curious and search for that case even more.  I sighed and went out from our cabin. I was walking down the corridor when I saw a familiar face.

What was unnie doing here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iiiiiiieieiieieieieieie Now comes a plot twist!!