Chapter 68

Sooyoung P.O.V

"A mint candy?"

"A mint candy." he answered in a feeble voice. 

"But how? Didn't we finish that person off?" 

"I don't know Sooyoung. I have no idea. I- It feels like a dream now. I feels as if I'm floating. I can't believe that Changbin isn't alive now. He left us." I saw his eyes getting teary but he pretended as if it wasn't the case. For the time being, my suspicions on Chan were less. 

"But wasn't changbin in the tech room? How can somebody enter like that?" I further inquired. 

"Somebody must have stolen the---- wait."

"Yeah, the tech room has a fingerprint and an eye scanner. There is an authorized permission." He seemed to cath on what I was trying to say.

"There's somebody who's a wolf in the herd of sheep."

Yeeun P.O.V

I was at my nephew's kindergarten to pick him up. While I was there, I saw Yuta coming towards the school, but his eyes landed at me. He then gave me his smile, acknowledging my presence.

"What are you doing here?" he asked

"Right back at you." I saw his throat move from the deep chuckle he let out. 

"I'm here to pick my niece. You?"

"I'm gonna pick up my nephew and leave real quick." I answered, just to get a laugh in return. 

"I heard someone passed-----"

"Changbin passed away. We're looking into it."

"Gosh. I heard he was really close to his mother."

"Mm-hm. But she still took it well and is calm."

"You'll never truly know how broken and damaged she is until you try to love and understand her." That made me quiet. 

"Noona!" "Hyung!" yelled out two voices and we looked at the source. We saw them running towards us, but then glaring at each other.

"Woah, what's wrong darling?" he asked his niece to which she scoffed lightly, that made me smile.

"He is just SO annoying." she said, emphasizing the 'so' in her whine.

"So are you." said my nephew smugly, which flared her up even more.

"Alright. We'll stop here. No arguments. Take a chill pill you both."  

Sohee P.O.V

While I was working, I received a notification from the police department. I saw a picture of a dead body, with a mint candy surrounded around the body. I furrowed my eyebrows. What was this? 

I called Sooyoung unnie and told her about it. We all headed to the department. 

"Don't you find it weird?" asked Yeeun unnie.

"I do. We hardly used to find one candy, now that the victim is surrounded by it, it makes me doubt."

"I have my suspicions on the police too." said Jihun.

"We'll see." 

Sooyoung P.O.V

As soon as we reached there, we saw Chan, Felix, Minho and I.N there, investigating. I frowned while trying to find a particular reason for me to digest the fact that they came before us and were told to work on the SAME case with us. Chan got a glimpse of me and gestured me to come near them. I obliged without objections and I soon saw a drawing with a toy that made me feel sick. It was a disturbing drawing and a doll with her eyes poked with knives. While I tried to find more, I saw an evidence enough to solve the case.

There was a trainee card for SKNS lying on the floor.