Chapter 56

Sooyoung P.O.V

Me and the girls were at the Tteok-bokki place and were eating our hearts out. It was one of the best street food one could find in Korea. We were waiting for Haru. But I soon got a call from him.

"Hey sweets, I won't be coming today, got to catch up with the rascal." I laughed. The rascal he was referring to was Mr. Lee. Haru worked with us in SKNS. He lead a group called S. A weird name yet he was the leader of the group. He wasn't a straight man. He was gay and we had always considered him as one of us. We had known Haru from the last 8-9 years, explaining why he was close to the members. 

"Go ahead. Have a jolly time with your favorite person." I teased.

"Don't you dare, you bij." I laughed. We didn't cuss out each other with the exact words. We changed the syllables and made them sound funny. 

"Take care, bye." I greeted and he did the same and I hung up the call. 

"He isn't coming today. Meeting with man." I said and Sohee snorted while the other 2 were chuckling.

"Explains why you called him Haru's favorite man." I nodded. Soon we packed the Tteok-bokki, with an idea to share it with the people who had shopped so hard today. 

NEXT DAY

Taeyong P.O.V

I was getting prepared for an online meeting with my unit that was in China, WayV. I went in the meeting room and asked Yo-Jun to start the meeting. As soon as we had connected I heard a slang greeting.

"Oyyee Taeyong! How are you dude?" and it was none other than Ten, my dork cousin. 

"I'm good Ten." I said in the same cold and deep voice that I always have. 

"Cold ass." he whispered yet I heard it. I glared at him and he smiled innocently and I saw the rest of the members, excluding Kun, trying hard not to laugh. Kun was their leader and he knew when to be serious. I cleared my throat and appeared serious, making the members realize that the joke time was over. 

"The China deal has apparently been freezed, according to appa and he wants you check it out. If they do not agree, he has granted the permission for you to finish them. Second things second, I want you to sort this out in a week. After it is also cleared out, I want you to return back to Korea. It's been more than an year now." I said and I knew that Ten was up to something.

"You miss us Tae. Our cold and heartless leader misses us! See, he's not that heartless." he said and I closed my eyes.

"I don't miss you. But your mother does. She doesn't feel well nowadays now that her birthday is around the corner. The best gift you can give aunt is be there for her birthday. She's not only a mother to you." I said and I could saw Ten getting a little emotional yet he regained his posture and nodded. 

"I'll be back before her birthday Taeyong." he said and I nodded. 

"If you need help WinWin can consult Doyoung. Meeting dismissed." I said and stood up. I soon went out of the meeting room and saw appa coming out of his own office. I smiled at him and he mirrored the reaction.

"How did the meeting go?" he asked.

"Went well. Convinced them without any issues or arguments." I said and he laughed.

"Mm-hm. They can get handful at times." he said an I nodded. 

"I need to talk to you." he said and I nodded. We went and sat on the couch that lied in the corner of the whole area. 

"I see you get distracted nowadays when a certain someone passes from you." he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Is it bad appa? And what distraction." I saw him smile and shake his head. 

"Falling in love is not a bad distraction. Because that is what changed me for good." he said and I widened my yes realizing where this was going.

"Appa, no. I am not distracted." I retorted quick and he looked at me with an eyebrow raised as if he was challenging me. 

"At the party, you were glancing at her time to time."

"That means you were glancing at me time to time. Does that make you in love with me?" I asked. Appa laughed.

"I've seen, rather observed, that your traits are quite similar. You act the same when a danger occurs and have the same coat of fierceness and overprotection for your family and siblings. And as your father and best friend I know that you're close to people who have habitual habits like you. We're all a little weird and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness, which we call love. A loving heart is the truest wisdom one can seek and find." he said and I was quiet. I had no further arguments with appa. He was elder than me and had more experience in life than I ever had.  When he saw me quiet, he chuckled and patted my back. 

"I told this to Baekhyun too at the age that you are. He had met Taeyeon too and they both were similar yet different. He told me that he wasn't in love too and here my son is, soon to be married." I snorted at what he said. 

"The marriage is not around the corner appa." I said and he laughed.

"Bu he proposed already." I smiled and we talked for a little while and soon were on our way to home. Eomma had told us to reach before 7 p.m. and appa  being himself, obeyed. No one had the guts to even counterattack what eomma said, and me and appa were no exception. We had soon arrived when we heard a group of people laughing. Me and appa looked at each other and went inside. There we saw Taeyeon noona, side hugging eomma, Baekhyun hyung pouting, Aunts eating the snacks and laughing. It was a sight worth keeping memories for so I clicked a photo. They soon saw me and appa and we all sat down together and talked. 

Sooyoung P.O.V

I was walking in the corridors when Hyuka came towards me with tears in her eyes. I looked at her with confusion evident in my face when I saw her coming towards me.

A/N P.O.V

'U-unnie, they won't spare you, me, anyone.' she wanted to yell yet she couldn't do anything because of the recording deice and the camera on her clothes, recording every movement of hers. 

"Ma'am, the higher ups command for your presence." she said and Sooyoung nodded. Soon Sooyoung arrived yet it was all dark. As soon as she walked in her head was hit with a hard rod and soon Sooyoung blacked out. 

AFTER HALF AN HOUR

Sooyoung's eyes felt drowsy yet she manage to wake up. As soon as she saw her surroundings she realized that she was trapped in the torturing room of SKNS. However, she didn't loose her cool. She smiled when she realized that they were feeling threatened by her. Soon  came in the figures of the higher ups and the first one to speak up was Mr. Park.

"YOU KILLED MY SON! HOW DARE YOU!" he yelled and Sooyoung scoffed.

"So Jae was your son. And who told you I killed them?" she asked and Mr. Lee responded. 

"Hyuka did. She never lies, and you know it." after hearing what he said, Sooyoung laughed.

"Do you believe everything she says, the despised son of the Lee Clan."