Chapter 45

Mrs. Lee P.O.V

Today, I had called Sooyoung to meet me up in our personal café that I reserved. I was eager to know about her family background. Though I know it would be difficult for her to do so, I really wished we could treat her like our own. I got ready and soon went out of the house with all the bodyguards on my tail, the protection provided by my husband and sons. I reached there and saw a silhouette in the alley near the café. I figured out it was Sooyoung. I called her.

"Sooyoung- ah, I 'm here, you can come in now." I saw her figure coming near mine. When she saw me, she bowed in tiny and stepped in the café. I went before her, not to seem suspicious. 

"Annyeong Mrs. Lee. How are you doing today?" I heard her voice and saw her mask coming down. 

"I've been doing well Sooyoung, what about you?" 

"Mm- hm, better now that I've seen you." she said and smiled while I laughed at her antics. She was a hidden softie.  

"What is your sister doing? Baekhyun wouldn't let me meet her." I whined.

"Well, you should ask your son for that. But he did let me meet her. And she's glowing." said Sooyoung and I smiled. 

"How about we-----" I was talking when I heard a gunshot. All the bodyguards circled me around and I held Sooyoung's hand. However, her next move shocked me. She pulled out a gun and kept me behind her. She was in a posture, as if protecting me, which she was. We were slithering away, when I was grabbed by a person however Sooyoung had her grip on me. The person had a knife in his and and it was piercing my back skin. I let out a groan and was gonna attack him, when Sooyoung shot him right in the head, making the blood spatter on my clothes. I let out a groan and the bodyguards came rushing to me. I looked around searching for Sooyoung and I saw her looking right at me. 

"Why didn't you defend yourself?"

"I was measuring his strength. He had a loose grip on the knife, yet the knife was sharp. He had shaking legs, making him nervous. His hands were sweaty, which were the reason his grip was loose" I replied.

"You forgot one detail. He was tilting his head at his side, repeatedly. It was indicating uncertainty. He was forced to do it. You must find out who sent him." Saying I was impressed was an understatement. My judgement had never missed a detail or gone wrong yet today seemed different. She has a sharp mind and fast reflexes. I smiled and nodded. We were going to go out when I saw a hoard of cars. I frowned my eyebrows yet the realization slowly sunk. My bodyguards must have told my sons and husband that I was in trouble. I saw 3 bodyguards going to 3 cars and they bowed. Out came my sons, and my husband with their cold façade on. As soon as they saw me, they rushed towards me. 

"What happened to you eomma?" Why is there blood on your clothes, eomma?" "Are you okay love?" They asked at the same time making me smile. 

"Yes, I am. Thanks to Sooyoung, I was rescued early and the blood on my clothes isn't mine. Sooyoung shot the person who had headlock me with a knife on my back. It was painful though." I said and a pout, unknowingly formed on my lips, causing everyone to smile there. 

Mr. Lee P.O.V

I was restless when I got the news but now I feel better. I held her hand and kissed it. Everyone was looking at us in awe but I couldn't care less. 

"You have to take care of yourself. Next time, don't just take 10 bodyguards, take 50. I want the best for you. And if you want to meet Sooyoung or Taeyeon, call them at our mansion. They're the part of our family, love." I said and she nodded with the brightest eye smile, with which I fell in love with. I heard someone clear their throat, then another. I looked to see my sons with eyebrows raised and Sooyoung looking everywhere but us. I realized what happened and got flustered. Everyone laughed seeing my state. Soon I went over to Sooyoung and stretched my hands forward for her to take it. I saw her hesitation and smiled. 

"I won't harm you." I said and she nodded. Slowly her hands came forward and I smiled.

"That's the first step of the trust-building between us. And a token of appreciation for saving my clumsy wife." 

"Hyeon-jae!" exclaimed my wife and I chuckled. Serves her right for being clumsy. 

"That's no problem Mr. Lee." said Sooyoung and smiled. I smiled and patter her head. We soon bid our goodbyes and left from there. 

Author P.O.V

But who knew they'd miss an important clue, except Sooyoung. She saw a necklace similar to what Jiha used to wear. She widened her eyes and went towards the necklace and held it in her hands. She opened the locket, just to find a tracking device. So Jiha was being tracked? She took the necklace with her and went away. But what she didn't notice was a woman watching her. A women with devil eyes and an oh, so innocent face that she could even fool the devil.  

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is that woman? Any guesses?