Chapter 40

Jihun P.O.V

I was following Sooyoung when I saw her stop and stare at someone. I followed where her eyes were looking at and I swear I lost my breath, choked on my saliva and nearly died in just a second. What was unnie doing here? This could mean only one thing and that wasn't good. Not at all. I broke off my thoughts when I saw Sooyoung going towards unnie, taking big and harsh steps. This wasn't gonna end good. What if the people get to know that she is the sister of THE RED ALPHA? 

Sooyoung P.O.V

I was standing there in shock when the thought of her being in SKNS angered me. I took big and harsh steps towards her and grabbed her from the arm. I turned her and I saw the horrified look on her face. She had some tears in her eyes and I swear I got even more angrier. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my jaw clenched and she could hear my teeth clenching and the sound was not good to hear when it's in anger. 

"S-s-s-soo- sooyoung" 

"Save it. Meet me at the roof in 5." I said and walked away.

Taeyeon P.O.V

I was standing there as if I was paralyzed. I couldn't bear letting my sister know that I was in SKNS. I know she would be very upset but what was she doing here? How come she saw me here? I prepared myself for the worst. 

"Omo Taeyeon-ah, what are you gonna do now?" asked Yoona in a worried state. But I'm feeling thrice of the anxiety she's feeling. I climbed the stairs when I was met by a silhouette roaming around. I turned back and went the opposite way from the roof. I texted Sooyoung that someone was there and we could talk at home. She read the message but didn't reply. I sighed and mustered the courage left in my body to talk to Baekhyun. As soon as I reached the area where Sooyoung met me I saw Jihun. She had a look of betrayal in her eyes. I tried stopping her but she didn't listen and walked away. I have 2 upset people to calm down now.  

Baekhyun P.O.V

I was working in my office when I got a call from Taeyeon. I smiled and picked up the phone but soon grew worried when I heard her voice cracking then and now.

"Baekhyun..."

"Yes, love, what happened? Is it the time of the month?" 

"N-no, can you please come and meet me a-at home?" 

"I will." I said and I whispered some words of assurance and cut the call. 

Something was wrong. And I could sense it was really big.  

Sooyoung P.O.V

I was angry. Infuriated. Irate. I couldn't believe my sister being a mere toy for the SKNS. I soon heard footsteps and saw Jihun and unnie. Jihun with a blank face while unnie with a face full of guilt. Serves her right. 

"Care to tell me what were you doing there? And no, I don't want any stuttering, any hesitation. Spit the shit right here. " 

"I will. I was there because I-I work in SKNS." said unnie and I felt my world crash. So she really works for them. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked hurt. But I didn't realize that this would result in my secrets getting exposed too.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But why were you there?"

"That's not your concern."

"Why? I know SKNS is not safe. I'm your elder sister! Why don't you try to understand me? You're overprotective of me when I should be of you. I'm sorry that I kept secrets but an agent in SKNS is my job. It won't endanger------"

"Endanger? ENDANGER. YES IT WOULD. YOU WORK IN SKNS. A GREEDY, SELFISH AND ONLY FOR THEIR OWN GOOD ORGANIZATION. I WILL BE AFFECTED BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON IN MY FAMILY LEFT. WHAT WILL I TELL APPA WHEN I DIE, THAT I FAILED TO KEEP HIS PROMISE, HUH!?" I bursted out. I could see her teary eyes but I didn't have any time for that. 

"But you were there too---"

"YES I WAS BECAUSE I WORK IN SKNS TOO." There it goes. The secret I kept for years, exposed. However, I didn't budge. There wasn't any reason to. It had to come out one day or the other. 

"See, you're a-also a t-toy for SKNS."

"NO I AM NOT BECUASE I WORK IN THE BLACKJACKS. I AM THE RED ALPHA WHILE YOU? YOU BELONG TO SNSD, AN OLD GROUP, SOON GOING TO BE ABONDONED. YOU WORK IN SNSD, A GROUP THAT IS ON IT'S WAY TO BRING DOWN EXO. A GROUP WHERE YOUR BOYFRIEND WORKS IN!?" I shouted in disbelief.

"I know I know but----" we heard a sound and we looked back to see Baekhyun with wide, teary  eyes. 

"So it was you all along?" He said that in such a painful voice that it even made me tear up and feel embarrassed. 

"What did you call me here for? Feeling like an absolute useless piece of shit after giving you so much of my love and trust?" he said but this time a tear slipped down his angelic face.

Taeyeon P.O.V

"Baekh----" 

"Please don't. Don't come near me again. How would I know that fate would be so, that I had to stay away from the person I gave so much love to, so much care to and said I'd die for her. Yet, life is unfair to all. Bye Taeyeon." he said and walked away. 

He walked away right in front of our eyes. Now we'll have to pray for ourselves after he tells his brother, the perilous Mafia King, Taeyong.