Chapter 41

Sooyoung P.O.V

The way he just walked away from our eyes made me feel suffocated and embarrassed in the environment. I threw a glance at unnie to see her on the brink of breaking down. But I couldn't leave her like that. She was my sister and the promise that I gave my appa shall not me broken. I went near her and embraced her. That's when she broke down. She cried so hard that even Jihun got teary and embraced her. We three were embracing each other, wishing for all of this to get settled. 

Taeyong P.O.V

I had finished settling a deal with someone and was on my way to pick up hyung. I reached near his office but I didn't see him there. I furrowed my eyebrows. I called his secretary and asked him where he was but with nothing in proof and help, since he was out of the office 2 hours prior. I tracked down his phone and located it to be at the bar. What was he doing at my bar and this late? I went there with the bodyguards following behind. I saw him but his back was facing me. I went near him and was shocked to see him crying with a terribly sad and betrayed face. 

"Whom do I have to finish off hyung?" I asked in a cold voice, trying to control my anger infront of hyung. 

"How will you (hiccup) kill your hyung's (hiccup) girlfriend, Taeyong-ah?" I froze. I had an expressionless face yet a body posture that showed several emotions. Hurt, betrayal, and anger. I trusted her with my brother and she did this. 

"And what about her sister. 'I'll protect my sister?'" I asked, venom dripping from my voice. 

"She (hiccup) herself was angry. But she doesn't (hiccup) have the right to be (hiccup) when she herself is in SKNS. She is  the (hiccup) Red Alpha, you know." he said with so much pain that it made me want to torture someone. But the fact that the one that I made a deal with was Sooyoung. She knew my identity all along. Explains why they would keep a deal with us. 

AT THE LEE'S MANSION

Everyone was gathered around Baekhyun hyung and were flaming in anger. Baekhyun hyung was one of the most funniest and lively person in our house yet respected. He had a reputation which cannot be torn down. We were all with him when I saw 3 guards running in our direction. One whispered in my ear while the other two whispered in appa and eomma's ear. He whispered something that made me laugh knowing it was gonna happen. I saw eomma and appa nod in approval and they let her in. There she came in our mansion. 

"Bae Sooyoung, we hope you didn't have a problem coming here?" said Appa in his cold voice which was responsible for shivers running down everyone's spines.  

"No sir. I had no trouble" she said and we were all amazed with how strong her voice was and how strong she was to have the courage and show up in a house like ours where people can die in a snap. 

"We would like to know the reason for your arrival." she nodded and went and stood in the front. 

"I know my sister is at fault here, but I'll like to apologize from her side. I'm really sorry for what happened today but I realize it must be for a reason. For it wasn't the argument between me and my sister, you wouldn't know the truth." she said and we all agreed internally yet no one showed her any reaction. We all had unity in our actions and it was upfront clear to her. We all saw her going towards Baekhyun and bending down to look at his face. 

"But Baekhyun, she's miserable right now and so are you. Look at you, will you be able to live without her?" she said and I saw my brother shake so bad as if he was ready to burst out now. 

"And I'm sorry for hurting you, on behalf of me and my sister. I never wanted you to feel bad in anyway but I want you to know that she isn't gonna live peacefully without you. If she wanted to kill you, she would have done that a year ago, when you were in Japan with her." when she said that, everybody's eyes grew wide. 

"S-she protected me...." 

"Mm-hm. She didn't realize that she fell in love with you. So hard, that she even swore on her life in the hospital, which she has never, once in her life done." she said with such a tone that was enough to break down his wall. 

"So please. I'm not telling you to talk to her, but please don't hate her. You can take your time." she said and stood up. She bowed to everyone once, a 90 degree bow and left. 

Taeyeon P.O.V

I messed up. I messed up so bad. I told my members that I won't be coming to office the next day since I was not feeling well. Thankfully, Jihun was by my side all the time. I soon heard a knock and saw Sooyoung walk in.

"Why haven't you slept unnie?" 

"I was waiting for you." I didn't realize my voice was so weak and rough after all the crying. 

"I'm back now, sleep. He won't leave you like that. Have faith in your love." she said and I nodded. I'll have faith in my love.