[ 𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐔𝐍𝐀]

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Author name: Urus_Bangtan
Book name: Lacuna
Genre: Short story
Reviewer: Ambergreyson334

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Title: 5/5

I loved the title and how it was both unique and had a very subtle yet interesting link to the story's main plotline.

Cover: 1/5

Although it was a good picture of yoongi, it had no relevance to the book or its plot.

Description: 5 /10

The description was too brief, in my opinion, and required better punctuation and grammar. It felt as if they were barely giving plot information and more of a brief character overview.

Protagonist usage: 3/5

I feel like the usage of the two main characters was pretty good, as there was a good balance between the 2 of them and some of the other background characters. However, I found it a bit difficult to tell the main protagonist within the story.

Plot: 6/10

I liked the idea that the writer had for this story, although I felt as though it was a bit cliche and overused in many books. I also would have preferred if they gave more depth about the character's personalities etc.

Flow: 15/20

Overall the flow of the book was pretty smooth, although there were some parts (such as at the begging) where I was a little thrown off by the time skips as they felt too large and sudden.

Character development: 6 /10

I felt that the characters' development could have been more gradual, and we could have had a bit of a slow-burn/lead-up to their climax.

Grammar: 8/15

Whilst the grammar used was good, some of the sentences structures (such as saying 'go too much far') and punctuation used were a bit off, and the vocab was not very interesting.

Writing style: 6.5/10

I like when a writer does different POVs and am not a huge fan of 3rd person, so when reading this, it did not seem that interesting due to it mainly being in the Third-person pov. However, it did flow quite well with the story and how the winter structured their chapters.

Overall: 3/5

Overall it was an ok book (considering it was a short story), but I would have preferred more detail, in-depth characters, and possibly a more engrossing plot to boost this book.

Personal enjoyment: 2/5

I am not a huge fan of these mythical Romeo and Juliet kinds of books, so this was not something I would have wanted to read. But the writer did do a good job when it came to writing the book for readers who are into this genre of reading.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Total marks: 60.5/100

Please don't forget to follow your reviewer & vote for this chapter!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。