Chapter 130: Waxing Crescent

[We take the point of view from Cinnabar sitting by the edge of the Moon Citadel.]

Cinnabar filled with utter contempt and somehow some anger..

He holds in his hand a small chunk of his former self, a chunk of Cinnabar

He shuts his eyes whilst continually clenching on the chunk – it begins to fossil up and break into pieces..

Whilst sharply biting on his lip, a watery fluid drips from within his eyes..

He opens his eyes In surprise thinking it may be Mercury..but to his surprise it's one of the many things he never felt.

The cold lurry path, a tear slides down from cheeks as slowly wipes it with his hands.. he confused by the feel of the it and thinks of it as normal water..

[IDK If Lunarians can actually cry but they are the spirits of humans so..]

Cinnabar stands up with a bit of confidence and more tears in his eyes..

He throws down the shattered cinnabar chunk.. a shattered version of himself he threw down upon.

It volleys over the surface of the moon.. and thus it begins to fall deeply

It fell like a shooting star – it slowly has caught on fire and as it nears to reach Earth's surface it hits the water.. and something

"Owwie!!" Phos winces and as Smoky immediately catches one of the cinnabar shards in hand and puts Phos out of the way.

Both look up to the sky, in confusion as to why this thing fell from the sky..

[Back to Present: Where Smoky and Phosphosiderite are surrendering the chunks of Cinnabar to Phosy]

"Thanks for this Smoky, it's nighttime now. I think you should both rest by now – Grandidierite and Obsidian have already begun sleeping." Phosy' response with Smoky giving the cinnabars – Phos however is still seeking for an answer from the sea.

"Oookay! Got it!!" Phos' replies with utter determination, Smoky notices this and has planned to join him in a late night gathering somehow.

The two leave Phosy now, as he observes the cinnabar chunks.. He sighs as he slightly lowers his shoulders and looks intently at the chunks – It shines in response of the moonlight and somehow.. Phosphophyllite silently cries.

"Grant me mercy.. Cinnabar.. I cannot find the will to go on." He holds the chunk by his forehead as if trying to feel it's texture.

Even by touching a piece of his old forsaken friend..he can see the bitters in Cinnabar's life and somehow he's alive on the moon still is the relief Phosy can know from this.

[Meanwhile in Phosphosiderite's POV]

The others are asleep by now huh.. I just checked and maybe this can be a good chance to go by that shore again – Steeeeep.. Steeep.. Mhmm yes the air is very humid tonight.. Maybe this'll be good.

I finally reach over to the same spot, I'm curious.. are there any of those cinnabar things left?

Hmm – I ruffled the grass before sitting comfortably.

Then I focused again like earlier looking intently at the ripples on the water – It's dark there's not much I can really see but the moonlight is enough.

"Phos? Has it become your habit too that you do things at night too?" EEK!

S-smoky suddenly spoke besides me! It's startling you know!

Smoky has a bowl with some fireflies and it's glows up the scene a bit – it's also beautiful..

"A-ah.. it's you.. Shouldn't you be resting Smoky?" And speaking of habits.. I did the hair thingy again like Lapis without even realizing.

"Ah? No worries I brought along a visitor, that is why I took longer." Huh? Who?

"Greetings, Phos. I heard you were wanting to more about the island and yourself? I'm.. also.. interested in studying with you." E-EHH!? That book geek?! R-red Aventurine.. He..

"Oh it's.. you, sorry.. I acted differently during those winter days.." Avent smiles and paces his head as he sits along with me and Smoky.

"That's expected of new materials attached to your body." Avent.. pats my arms and then.. my hair.. uuuu

"Phos, you're studying the ocean right? Then you shouldn't only look at the ripples but look how it flows and think how it flows. The process of the water itself.." Hmm.. Yes.. He's right the way it flows.. hmm it's flowing away from us..

[Smoky in the background, cheering them both silently and smiling]

[The three continue to find out the meaning of the sea, sometimes laughing and talking back to each other, after the study – Phos is left still awake, still looking for an answer, Smoky is asleep on the grass nearby and Red Avent and half-awake]

"Phoo.. do you want to continue this tomorrow instead..?" Avent whines and he keeps rubbing his eyes over and over again but..

I feel incomplete.. this day doesn't feel.. like it's 24 hours yet..

*Pat Pat*

"Phos.. look the moon is a waxing crescent.." Huh? It.. is! But that means it's been a month now! Have I been studying here for a month?!

"True it shifts only after months.. but remember we have 6 moons now and it changes ever half a day now." Avent adds.

Hmm.. that's.. I never knew that – I never came across it during my studies..

I looked down again on the water with the reflection of the great moon above.

'The moon and sea, maybe they're connected..' T-that's it!! Connected! The sea! It acts a bridge or connection to our old selves. It serves like a memoir to us!

"Nice *yawn* going.. Phoos.." H-huh? Did I.. say that out loud..?

"You should rest now.. You worked.. more intelligently than me tonight – It's admirable." Avent finally lays down on the grass as I'm left with this new knowledge.

The sea is what connects us.. to our old selves.. a catalyst

A bond of luster and hardness..