Chapter 6

Attendance Time :)

⚠️TW: Domestic abuse in this chapter. Please read at your own risk⚠️

The ride back to Scarlett's house was pretty quiet. She was humming along to some songs but otherwise kept to herself, staring out the window in thought.

Every now and then I felt her eyes on me but when I would turn my head to look at her she looked away.

Jo calls me on the drive and I answer through the car's bluetooth.

"What's up?" I say and she scoffs,

"No hi, hello, how are you? Man this world has abandoned all forms of pleasantries."

Scarlett releases a light but short laugh at that, making me breathe out in relief that she's somewhat responsive right now and I focus back on Jo.

"Hi Josephine, how are you? What do you want from me?"

"Okay first of all, ew. Never call me that again. Second of all, what are you doing tonight? I just had killer sex and want to celebrate."

I stifle a laugh while I hold onto the wheel with one hand, letting my other hand sit on top of the gear shift. I drum my fingers along the top of the steering wheel.

"Which one was it this time?"

"Leather pants."

Scarlett eyes me oddly, causing a laugh to burst out of my mouth, "I thought you said he was a dud!"

"He was! But his eyes are so prettyyyyyy."

"How was his dick?" I smirk expectantly but wince when Scarlett slaps my shoulder, scoffing with an eye roll but a ghosted smile.

"It was...surprisingly good. Bigger than leopard jumpsuit."

Now Scarlett laughs, shaking her head and waving her hands drastically, as if Jo can see her.

"Jo, hon. You need better taste in men."

Jo laughs on the other end of the line and then sighs, "Not my fault. We can't all get adorable, big shot SNL actors, Scarlett."

Out of the corner of my eye I see the actor's body stiffen, her hand rubbing her shoulder awkwardly as she laughs with anything but humor. The air in the car, if possible, has gotten even more tense than before so I tell Jo I'll meet her at the bar at 9, then hang up.

"You wanna tell me what's going on with you?" I say but she doesn't respond. She just stares out the window, as if she didn't hear a word I just said.

"Scarlett," I try again and she sighs, "It's nothing."

"You know, for an Oscar nominated actress, you're a shit liar. Might wanna work on that."

Once again, she rolls her eyes, but this time it's of frustration. She slaps her hand down on her leg and grunts, "Jesus, I said it's nothing Y/N, alright?! Just leave it alone."

I bring my other hand back on the steering wheel and stare straight ahead, my breathing getting heavier as I try to keep my cool and not yell back. She's hiding something and I want to know what it is. She was weird when we left the studio, she gets weird about Colin, and now because I am showing her that I actually care, I'm the asshole getting yelled at?

Bullshit.

The rest of the drive is quiet as I pull into her driveway. Second the car stops, she unbuckles and climbs out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride," She mumbles and shuts the door, walking quickly to her front door, unlocking it, and closing it behind her.

I stare at the door and breathe out, then grunt, taking my hat off and throwing it at the passenger seat. My hands rake through my hair in an attempt to calm my racing thoughts.