Chapter 30

Attendance time!!!

Scarlett POV

"Rose, sweetie! Are you dressed? We can't be late for the concert!"

I pick up toys and throw them in the bin, tidying up the place as best as I could while my phone pings.

Lifting up the device, I see a text from Y/N:

VIP passes will be waiting for you guys at the back doors, Chip has it all handled. Y'all on your way?

Chuckling, I start typing back,

Rose is taking her sweet little time but we'll be there soon 🖤

When they heart the message and send back an "xoxo" I smile and watch as my daughter practically skips down the steps in one of The Rose's t-shirts, "I'm ready, mommy!"

"Aye aye captain," I pinch her cheek a bit before she follows me outside where my driver is waiting, then set off to the concert.

The ride to the Palladium is not the shortest ride ever. Hollywood traffic never fails to get on my nerves, especially when there's a concert and there's tons of screaming girls with giant signs running to the building.

We pull into the back where I see Chip already waiting at the backdoor.

Some people scream, trying to see who is coming out of the car but Chip comes to block the view of me carrying Rose into the venue.

"Right on time, the opening act is just about finished," He smiles and I nod, "Thank God. How are they looking?"

"Excited, but she tends to get nervous before a big show. Sold out and everything. I'm sure seeing you will relax their nerves a bit."

The white doors open and the hallway flooded with tech crews and people with headsets barking orders is the first sight to see. Rose looks around, trying to find Y/N but all we can see is the opening group walking to their dressing room, people running onto the stage to switch up the gear and equipment, hundreds of thousands of people in the audience screaming and cheering.

My life is full of craziness, from paparazzi to comic-cons and signings, but having a sold out venue to watch me sing and a bunch of cheering teens and 20-somethings screaming for me has never really been something I've experienced before Y/N.

We both experience similar lifestyles, being in the spotlight and all, but at the same time we live on opposite sides of the tracks.

They tour around the world, singing and performing with her band to people, live and in person. They don't get to cut and do another take, reposition, edit out bad shots. She has to be performance ready at every curtain call.

It's something I'll always admire about them. The entire band, really. Sure, I've acted on stage before, but not repeatedly and filled with screaming fans. It's filled with applause at the end of an act or an entire show.

"I see Jo!" Rose shouts and I follow her gaze to a very glammed up Jo coming down the hall, hooking up her earpiece before she catches sight of us.

"You guys made it! Thank goodness." She jogs over and hugs me, then kisses Rose's head.

"It's crazy in here," I chuckle and she sighs stressfully, "I know. Everyone's just running around in between the sets. I'll take you to Y/N, they're just finishing up her pre-show routine."

Chip leads us through everyone and I hear some of the workers murmuring about me being here but I just keep on a smile and follow Jo to the dressing room.

When I see her shaking out their entire body in black pants with red laces tied down the sides and a checkered belt with a black band tee on top of a red and black striped long sleeve, I have to bite down on my lip to force my good behavior.