Chapter 50

Attendance Time!

Scarlett POV

The lights flickering on and off in my hospital room make me groan and attempt to shade my eyes when I see the outline of Y/N's figure in the doorway, grinning like a fool as they mess with the switch.

"Morning mama bear."

I narrow my eyes when she stops and raise an eyebrow, "There a reason for the light seizure?"

They chuckle and walk forward until she's right over my bed, leaning down to place a soft kiss to my lips, "Just felt like annoying you. How you feeling?"

"Well after being bed ridden in a hospital for the past week, I'd say I'm restless and ready to get the hell out of here."

She nods and smiles sadly, "I know, I'm sorry. But they wanted to make sure you were healthy enough before they released you from care."

Groaning, I nod and wave them off, "I know I know. Just shut up and take me to my baby. Is Rose at school?"

"Yes, just came from dropping her off. She told me to tell you she loves you and to give her little sister a big kiss."

A smile creeps its way back up as I reach for Y/N to help me stand which they quickly grab me when I stumble a bit but shake my head, "I'm good. I'm fine."

Y/N lifts their hands in surrender and nods, "You got it. Do you want the wheelchair?"

I stare at the chair in the corner and twist my face into a frown, "No. I hate that thing. Makes me feel weak."

"You're not weak, doll. You're recovering."

"Same shit."

I head to the bag Lizzie packed for me and pull out a simple outfit of leggings and one of Y/N's shirts, then head to the bathroom to change, coming out once I'm done.

Y/N had a bag too for the first few nights but I made her go home when I could tell sleeping in the armchair was definitely the most uncomfortable thing ever. That and I hate feeling like I need someone at all times to tend to my needs.

I'm capable of handling myself, and there's a ton of doctors everywhere making rounds on me 6 times a day.

But now that I finally am getting discharged, I get to be with all the 3 loves of my life, Rose, Y/N, and Calliope.

"Where is she?" I ask and Y/N laughs, "What, you think she sprouted 10 years and ran off already? Come on, I'll take you to her. I saw her right when I got here, she's a bit fussy this morning."

"Oh yeah?" I ask as they take my bag from me to carry, leaving me with a playful sneer as she takes my arm, assuring I can walk as we head down the hall to the nursery.

Calliope got moved from the NICU a few days ago and has been absolutely thriving on all fronts which has been incredible news.

Her doctor sees us through the glass and waves with a bright smile, gesturing us in so we enter and she grins, "It is great to see you on your feet, Scarlett."

"Thank you. Great to be on them. How is she today?" I ask, breathing out in awe when I see that beautiful girl, wrapped in a white blanket with a small pink hat on.

"She's doing well! She was a little restless last night, and is fussy this morning."

"Is she hungry you think?" I ask lightly and she nods, "I believe so."

Y/N grins and looks down at Calliope, who reaches up for them almost instantly. I walk closer and she spots me, then reaches for me instead with a loud whine, making Y/N and I chuckle, "Definitely hungry," Y/N says.