Chapter 48

Attendance Time!!!

Scarlett POV

"Amazon?! We don't have prime? Are you kidding me Y/N Rae?" I throw the accent pillows on the ground and pull back the comforter while Y/N comes out of the bathroom, holding their arms out widely.

"What else was I supposed to say? 'Well, you see, your mother really enjoys riding my co–" "Ugh!" I shriek and throw a pillow at her face, making her laugh and catch it, coming over to me and placing their hands on my hips.

"Relax. You're going to wake her up. She bought it."

I rub my forehead and groan, "Yes, she did. That is the point. She's going to go around school telling her friends that her mother and her mother's girlfriend bought her new sibling off of Amazon! Oh god. Oh god, her teacher is going to think we buy children. Oh my god," I sit down on the bed, still holding my forehead while Y/N continues to laugh.

And that only makes me more angry. I narrow my gaze at her and try to push them off but she cups my cheeks, "I'm sorry, baby, I'm sorry. But come on, she's just a kid. I messed up, but it could've been worse. Why don't we just focus on the main point here. She's excited to have a little sibling."

I look back at them again and glance down at the floor, annoyingly aware that they're right.

"Yeah, I guess that's good."

"It is. Now, I know you're angry, but I love you," She smiles and folds her arms across her chest, leaving me glaring up at them with a lopsided grin.

"Are you just telling me you love me because you know I'm annoyed with you and think it'll soften me up?"

"Did it work?" They grin and I chuckle, flashing a smile up at her, "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

A giggle escapes me and I reach over, looping my thumbs through their belt loops, "Why don't you come here and seal the deal?"

They quirk an eyebrow up and smirk, "Yes ma'am."

Our lips connect sweetly, her lips tasting like minty toothpaste and my hands moving further on them until they're flat against her lower back, pulling them closer until I gasp, feeling a pang of pain hitting my stomach.

Y/N pulls away and instantly freaks out, "What's wrong?! Are you okay?"

I rub my belly when another pressure hits, making me groan but smile, shaking my head happily but Y/N still panics.

"Here, I'll take you to the hospital, let me just grab my keys–" "Y/N."

They walk towards the closet to grab my jacket but I stand up while she paces around, looking for their keys that I know are downstairs but they're too panicked to think clearly.

"They're around here somewhere I know it!" "Y/N, darling?"

She practically dives to the floor, looking under my bed and I laugh when they pop back up again, standing and grabbing her arm, stopping her in her tracks.

"Sweetie. I'm okay!"

They stare at me wildly, "But your stomach hurts! Something could be wrong with the baby–" "Y/N sweetie it's okay. The baby's just kicking. Just took me by surprise, that's all."

Her panic dissipates almost immediately, rapidly beating heart slowing to a calmer pace and eyes going from rampant to amazed and in awe.

"Kicking?"

A smile spreads on my face as I take their hand and place it on my belly where I felt the kicking. When another one comes, Y/N's eyes water as she gasps and shakes their head in surprise, "Oh my god. The baby's kicking? Scar, the baby's kicking!"