Chapter 34

You know what to do :)

Lizzie POV

"Well what else happened?" Jo asks as she comes over with a glass of lemonade.

Sighing, I tilt my head back on the couch, remembering the absolute atrocity that was last night at the premiere. Y/N never talks to me like that. Or at least they haven't in quite some time. And then she completely lied to Scarlett's face.

I explain to Jo what happened, that after the film when we were all crying and Scarlett was crying hugging us all, along with Robert who got teary-eyed himself, Y/N was plastering on this painfully fake smile that no one else seemed to think twice about.

"But the after-party at Robert's was where things got dicey."

"Fuck yeah!" Y/N screams and high fives Chris after sinking the last cup. I watch them carefully as she finishes yet another drink.

At this point, including the drinks before watching the premiere, Y/N is on around their 12th drink of the night. And is somehow still standing.

It's not even like they went to beer. They've been downing liquor in the form of some mixed drinks, but the amount of Vodka she's been having is what worries me the most.

Especially when I see them constantly looking down at her phone with a face that looks almost scared. Something happened earlier that triggered this behavior and I don't know what, but when Y/N drinks heavily...it isn't pretty.

"You alright?"

I jump at the voice, looking beside me to see Scarlett smiling and sipping on a martini. The people around us are in their own worlds, nearly every cast and crew member from Endgame is here, including plus ones.

Of course all around Robert's house is Iron Man stuff and Avengers items, along with the Giant "A" from the Avengers' tower.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking is all."

Scarlett nods slowly and licks her lips, "Elizabeth...can I ask you something?"

Oh thank God, she notices their drinking too. Maybe she knows, maybe Y/N told her about their past.

"Anything," I smile kindly and she swallows, glancing in Y/N's direction and sighing, "Earlier you two came out of a bathroom together and you've been staring at them for quite some time. Is there something going on? Do you still have feelings for her?"

Alright, nevermind. She has no damn clue.

"What? No! No it's nothing like that, I swear. I am way off that train, my friend. The train has left the station."

She giggles but in an uncomfortable and unconvinced sort of manner while her eyes look down at her glass she starts swishing the liquid around in.

"That sounded like a load of bull."

Closing my eyes briefly, I shake my head at the thought of Scarlett thinking Y/N and I hooked up in the bathroom earlier and chuckle, "I'm serious. I don't like Y/N like that anymore. It was harmless. I was just...worried."

Now she grows even more confused and intrigued at the same time.

"Why worried?"

I glance over at Y/N starting up another game, this time against Renner and Paul Rudd with Evans still as their partner, but my eyes can only see the once again filled glass.

Fucking hell.

"Lizzie–" "I-I'm sorry, Scarlett. Hold on."

I stand up and walk over to the pong table, beaming at the men around it and ignoring Y/N's amused glance.