Chapter 24

Attendance Time!!!!!!

Get ready for this one ;)

Your POV

"For the first time in forever! There'll be music, there'll be light! For the first time in forever! I'll be dancing through the night!" Florence sings loudly into the microphone on the bar's little stage in the back corner, singing karaoke for everyone.

The martinis in her though cause her voice to come out a bit slurred, making me laugh at the small woman.

She widens her eyes and points to Lizzie, "Elizabeth! Come sing with me! Be my Elsa!"

Scarlett snorts and pats Lizzie's shoulder, nudging her forward a bit but she groans, cheeks going red with a nervous smile when everyone's attention goes to her.

"Absolutely not."

"Awww come on, don't leave me hanging."

Elizabeth laughs and then looks to Scarlett, smirking with an idea lighting up in her head and pushing her towards Flo.

"Why don't you have your big sister be your big sister Elsa?"

Florence's jaw drops when the realization dawns on her. Eyes go wide with giddiness and excitement, body jumping up and down with excitement, "Oh that is a brilliant idea. Come on Scarlett, or should I say Natasha. Do it for Yelena."

She plasters on this innocent looking child-like smile on her face, one that I know Scarlett will find hard to turn down. Especially once she's given those puppy dog eyes.

"You can't look at me like that!" Scarlett shouts with a loud, hearty laugh that reminds me of a choir of the most perfect angels singing. Like the clearest ocean waters that allows you to see all the sealife beneath the surface, the bright colors of a pure environment.

As she goes up to the stage, all I can do is focus on the beautiful woman. All of our friends are here with us, celebrating the victory. Everyone's smiling, everyone's happy.

And I get to take that woman home, get ice cream with her adorable daughter, and just live in peace, being able to finally breathe.

But right now that beautiful woman is up on a stage, singing a song from Frozen, clearly is a bit tipsy, and is smiling like there's no worry in the world. Exactly how she should be smiling. She deserves to smile that way.

"So, now that the case is closed and the trial is over, you finally gonna grow a pair and ask her out?" Jo comes up behind me, making me jump with a small yelp and slap my hand over my chest.

"Jesus fucking Christ, dude! Make your presence known. And that is none of your business, focus on your boyfriend with the mental capacity of a 12 year old," I smirk and she chuckles, rolling her eyes and tossing back her drink.

"You can call my sexy Chris a 12 year old but your girl is on a stage singing Frozen. What does that say about her? Not to mention she's like 2 feet tall. Cute, but short."

Dropping my jaw and laughing, I playfully push her shoulder and shake my head, "Fuck off. She's snack sized. And she has a 4 year old daughter, and went up because Florence made her. Chris would do this without a request."

She only smiles and shrugs, "Whatever. But you didn't deny it when I just called her your girl. Have fun with that, let that sink in. And stop wasting time," she raises her finger at me and glares pointedly, tilting her head with knowledge before walking towards Raven and Kat.

I stare at the spot Jo was just standing and lick my lips in thought, trying to gather everything. There is clearly something between us. Scarlett and I. We flirt, we've fucked, we've kissed.