Chapter 17

Ding dong

Your POV

When I wake up, I feel a slightly smaller body wrapped around me. I glance down and see Scarlett fast asleep, head on my chest, almost as if she didn't move all night from when we first fell asleep.

My lips pull up into a smile, my hand sliding up to play with her hair while I take in the beauty that is Scarlett Ingrid Johansson.

The sun comes through the window even with the curtains, causing Scarlett's eyes to squeeze and open after just a few minutes. She blinks a few times before glancing up, seeing me looking down at her.

Mumbling, "Good morning," she lifts her head off me and reaches over my body to grab my phone, clicking the power button so the screen lights up. When she sees that it's 7:30 am, she sighs and sits up.

"I gotta wake up Rose and get her to school."

"I'll wake her up, you take your time," I smile and peel the covers off me, practically rolling out of bed.

Scarlett's eyes follow me as I go over to my drawers to put on briefs and a sports bra, then to the closet.

"You surely aren't shy about undressing in front of me," She chuckles and I shrug, "Like you said last night, nothing you haven't seen before."

I may be coming off confident right now but inside I'm completely turning to mush. For some reason it just felt like second nature. Maybe it's just because it's my room and it comes naturally, or maybe it's because I've fallen into an intense level of comfortability around Scarlett. I don't know.

But I'm not going to think too hard about it. If she really didn't at least somewhat enjoy it, she probably would've just gone to the bathroom or not have said anything at all.

She said what she said and there wasn't any hint of true conviction in her tone, just playfulness.

"This is true."

Scarlett slides off the bed and heads towards the bathroom in my t-shirt. And just my t-shirt.

I gotta say, seeing her. Well, waking up with her in my arms, then seeing her get out of my bed and walk to my bathroom in the morning in just my shirt and her blonde hair a bit messy...wow.

It has officially become something I don't think I can go a day without experiencing from here on out.

Deciding to go simple today, I pull on a white Calvin Klein crew neck sweater and khaki colored Dickies pants, along with white high-top converse.

I walk into the bathroom and smile at Scarlett who's scavenging through my cabinets.

"Can I help you find something?"

"Do you own face wash?"

"Of course I do," I chuckled and opened the mirror cabinet, pulling out my Clinique face wash and handing it to her.

She breathes out a light laugh and starts doing a little routine while I brush my teeth. Before she can even ask I pull open the top drawer, pointing my finger mindlessly at where I know the box of unused toothbrushes are.

I had no choice. Costco only sells in bulk, okay?

"You would have a plethora of toothbrushes. One for each whore you bring home?"

Her comment makes me laugh as I spit out the toothpaste and water, then rinse out and rinse the brush, putting it back in the holder.

"Easy there. Gonna make me think you're jealous, SJ." I wink at her, then take the face wash, starting my own routine while she stands there with an open mouth, scoffing at my words.