Chapter 53

AYOO ATTENDANCE TIME

Your POV

I laugh with Florence as we dance back and forth, going into some sort of battle. She cackles when I almost slip, but grabs me to keep me steady.

After the song ends, I hear one of The Rose's songs come on and instantly it makes me groan, especially when I see Scarlett making her way through with a teasing little smile.

"May I have this dance?" She bows and holds a hand out to me cutely, making me snort and take it, "You're a loser."

"Mmm maybe so. Either way, just dance with me."

Not being able to resist her, especially in that dress, I join her in the middle and we start dancing together, her turning in my arms and pressing her ass into my crotch.

Everyone turns to us and whistles, Brie, Natalie Portman, and Florence screaming at us, "Yeah make another baby!" Florence chants, making everyone howl and my cheeks burn but a laugh erupts from my throat.

Scarlett comes back up to me and cups my cheeks, diving into a strong and heated kiss, making me stumble slightly until we pull away and she giggles.

"Sorry. You're not mad I've been drinking are you?"

"Of course not. It's nice seeing you like this, so carefree and smiley. You're allowed to drink, I'm not your gatekeeper."

She giggles and squeezes my cheek, "I love you so much, you know? You're so strong."

"I love you too doll."

"Yeah yeah, enough with the mushy crap. Scarlett! Dance with me," Brie takes Scarlett's hand and they start dancing together while I smile, appreciating how happy Scarlett looks.

I walk to the bar and grin at the bartender once he comes over.

"May I have a water please?"

"Of course," He says and fills up a glass and hands it to me. I sip on it and watch as Scarlett dances, taking shots with our friends.

With the way she's drinking I'm going to guess the heels are coming off because they'll be "hurting her feet" in the next 3 minutes.

"Hey stranger."

I turn and see Taylor.

Yes Taylor Swift.

Chuckling, I raise an eyebrow and turn fully towards her, "Taylor fucking Swift. What brings you to the Oscars after party hmm?"

She smiles and shrugs, "Well Florence invited Hailee who invited me." She points to the dance floor where Florence and Hailee are practically twerking on each other and I laugh, "Makes sense."

"I was hoping I'd run into you soon."

Frowning, I tilt my head, "Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"Well I wanted to check in. I've been wanting to. How are you doing?"

"I'm alright," I shrug but she grabs my wrist and I meet her gaze, seeing the all-knowing expression.

"You know you don't have to do that with me. I really want to know, come on. Remember the old days? When I was still country and we met at the MTV awards, got close, bounced off each other's ideas, talked until 4 am. I know it's been a while but our friendship never slipped my mind. I'm still here for you, and I would like to be."

I chuckle as I think back to those times. Before I even met Lizzie. Taylor was one of the first people I met when the band's music got us somewhere. She was always so sweet and polite. Helped me with some lyrics.