Chapter 52

Wowwww look at that, 2 updates? Gasp.

Anyways attendance!

Scarlett POV

"Scarlett over here!"

Y/N guides me along to the next yellow marker on the red carpet.

For what we did before this, we did a damn good job getting ready. Had our team come a little later since we got...kind of side-tracked.

But Y/N cleaned up beautifully. Their hair is the short pixie cut, styled to a handsome little quiff at the top, face is nearly glowing, suit perfectly hugging her in all the right places.

They look so amazing but seeing her face when I came out in my dress earlier with my makeup and hair done, that was spectacular.

"Come on, time is starting to go backwards, just show me!" Y/N chuckles from the couch.

The team leads me out and we all head to the living room where Y/N cranes their neck towards me.

Her eyes nearly pop right out of their head, making my cheeks burn with nerves, like I'm showing my date to prom my dress for the dance.

Y/N stands up but stumbles on one of Rose's toys, gulping and adjusting their suit, "I-um. You look. Wow, you look um..." She trails off, doing that little nervous laugh they do when she's at a loss for words.

It warms me up and makes me feel all fluttery while I play with my fingers, "You like it?"

She smiles smally, the corners of their mouth twitching up, her cheeks red and adorable.

"Like it? I love it. You look wow. I can't even. Jesus," They pinch the bridge between her nose and laugh, shaking their head, "I'm sorry, I quite literally cannot speak right now. You look absolutely gorgeous, doll."

Still to this day a compliment from Y/N makes my insides get all mushy and warm and fluttery.

I smile and take a step closer, "Thank you."

They nod and glance at our team, clearing her throat, "Um. Yeah. Yeah of course. You ready to go?"

"Lead the way," I smile and she holds her arm out for me to take which I do. When they lean down and kiss my cheek, "I am the luckiest person on the damn planet."

"Y/N, give her a kiss!" A photographer shouts, making Y/N chuckle lowly as she places their hand on my lower back and starts to trace up the tattoo of roses.

I smile at the touch, feeling warm inside as we grin for the cameras.

"Nice to see you looking healthy Y/N!"

My body stiffens at that comment, as does Y/N's. We haven't been to a red carpet together since before the incident last year.

And it finally dawns on me that the last time we went to one of these together was where it all started, where the lies began, the drinking, the want for more, the call from Roy.

I can feel their anxiety starting to pick up so I turn to look at her, meeting their gaze immediately and offer a supporting smile.

My hand places itself on her chest with a soft grin, leaning up to get a kiss, which Y/N gladly provides. My lips feel their entire body deflate with the touch, her shoulders slumping comfortably, a breath of stress releasing between us before we pull away.

I cup her cheek sweetly in my palm and tap my fingers against their skin, "You okay?"

"I am now," They respond quietly, lighting up my insides before we walk to the next marker and take more pictures together.