Chapter 9

You already know what to do ;)

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Jo shouts at me and I sigh, "I wasn't."

"Damn right you weren't! You guys had a moment then she shut it down and basically rejected you, yet you asked her to be in the music video for the song you wrote about her! You're an idiot!" Jo thumps me on the back of the head, making me pout and rub the spot but Kat stays silent while Raven thinks to herself.

"I think it's a good idea," The drummer mumbles and we all freeze up, then look at Raven wildly.

"Seriously?" Kat raises a skeptical eye but Raven just shrugs, "I don't see why not. Scarlett is the perfect mix of beautiful yet mysterious. She is a brilliant actress and having the highest paid actress in Hollywood in our music video? Do you understand the kind of buzz that would get? Maybe Y/N asked for their own sad little gay-feelings reasonings but it could've been worse. She could've asked someone who doesn't even know how to act."

Well that's a first. Raven agreeing with me on something? Is there a meteor coming to hit Earth?

"I'm sorry, did you just...agree with me?" I smirk and she glares down at me, "Don't push it," She says, pointing her drumstick at me.

We got back from New York last night. After my moment with Scarlett, I waited in Jo's room to tell her everything that happened. On the jet home I told the others what happened. And then this morning I decided to tell them about my last minute offer to Scarlett.

That's where we got here, during my vision meeting for the music video. I doodled out concepts, explained what I pictured for the video and revealed who will be playing my love interest in it.

"I mean, Raven does have a point," Kat mumbles, looking at Jo anxiously.

She is still staring me down, an unsatisfied grim frown on her face. But she isn't dumb. She knows Raven is right, that Scarlett is the ideal person to cast in this video. Eyes are always on the woman and having her in a video with us will propel us forward even more.

There'll be plenty of talk and buzz about it. It's perfect.

"Then it's settled! Shooting starts next week. I'll get the director and tell Mr. Manager our plan. I'll give Scarlett a call, Raven and Kat get in touch with the makeup and clothing crew and Jo, you can continue sitting there and pouting." I reach over and pinch her cheeks, her hand swatting at me with narrowed eyes before I kiss the top of her head and skip outside, dialing Scarlett.

It rings a few times but then picks up, "Hey, stranger."

Smiling, I shove my hands into my pockets as I get to my car, "Hey, so the girls and I talked. What do you think about filming this video next week?"

The woman chuckles on the other end of the line, "I think that sounds great. What do I have to do?"

"I can give you the rundown. Where are you?"

"I'm picking up Rosie from school. Nurse called and said she's sick."

A frown forms on my face while I sit inside my car, pulling the door shut. Rose is sick?

"I'll bring some soup over and stuff for grilled cheese."

"Y/N, you don't have to do that–" "I don't have anything else to do today, let me help."

Scarlett goes silent for a moment before she sighs, "Fine. I'll be home in 15 minutes."

"Great! I'll stop by the store and grab some things for the angel."

I hang up and drive to the nearest grocery store. When I get out, people already start approaching me but I duck my head down and slide my shades on, getting inside as fast as possible. Walking around between aisles, I smile at some people who recognize me but the ones who lift their phones to take pictures I roll my eyes at.