Chapter 63

You know what to do :)

Your POV

"Think I'm gonna steal you from him,

I could be such a gentleman,

Plus all my clothes would fit."

I drop to the edge of the stage and breathe out a long, heavy stream of air, slapping my palms tiredly on the platform ground of the stage, the mic in my lap. My head tilts back as I let the slight breeze from the AC units in the stadiums while the beaded sweat drips down my face.

"Fucking hell," I whine, leaning backwards until my back lay against the stage.

"For someone who works out nearly every single day, you look like you're going to die at any second."

With a breathy chuckle, I close my eyes and groan, then sit up and glare at Lizzie who just has a smug little smirk on her face while Scarlett attempts to hide her laughter.

"Shut up. The first show is tomorrow night and this is the first time I'll be touring alone. I'm not used to this. All the choreo, the storytelling props and performative expressions, the fucking belting and high notes man...why the fuck do I always go for the high notes in my music?" I slide off the stage to my feet while Scarlett pouts, making her way over with a water bottle that I take grateful after kissing her cheek.

Lizzie shrugs, "Because you're the most extra person I know. I mean just look at what you're wearing."

Frowning, I glance down at my outfit and scrunch up my nose, "I'm sorry, did you two not take full control of my wardrobe and styling for this tour or did I just dream up the past few weeks of you both acting like psychotic clothing tyrants?"

(^Your stage fit for the last song (and yes it is I.N. for my fellow Stays🫡🖤)^)

Scarlett laughs and takes the water from me when I hand it off, ruffling my hair with a wide grin, "It was fun. And you look hot! Lizzie and I did great, don't hate. But you do tend to...go the extra mile. We just happened to cater towards that." She gestures between her and Lizzie who nods proudly and gives her best friend a giddy high five.

"I leave for 5 minutes to take a call from my manager and you already managed to have them both gang up on your dumb ass?" Jo raises an eyebrow and Lizzie squeals, "How'd it go?"

I stare at my best friend who shrugs, shoving her phone into her pocket and clicking her tongue, "Ah I don't know. It's a tough game out there."

Scarlett snorts and looks to me, perplexed but also suspicious. I frown with a curious smirk on my face, then look back at Jo, studying her carefully until I notice the slight twinge to the corner of her mouth going upwards.

"You got the part, didn't you. You're doing the fake-out bullshit thing you used to do in college when you got an A on exams."

She meets my eyes and then breaks into a wide smile, "Hell yeah I am. You're looking at the newest cast member in Only Murders In The Building. Meeting with Selena, Steve, and Martin in a few hours."