Chapter 26

Hello :) Attendance time!

Scarlett POV

It's finally happened. This entire night has been nothing short of a dream come true. Seeing her interacting with Rose the way they did, being able to kiss them when I want.

Getting ice cream felt like a family outing, and then she sang Rose to sleep. And now we are on their couch, watching Grey's Anatomy, drinking wine, and cuddling.

"What are you thinking about?" Y/N mumbles while her fingers stroke gently through my hair. I can do nothing but just ease into their touch, sighing happily and placing my near empty glass on the side table.

My head turns to her so I can get a good look at their perfectly sculpted face. I lift a hand and trace her jawline, feeling the soft yet hard edges. My lips curl up at the sight before me, Y/N Mitchell is all mine.

And I am not going to take her for granted. Not for a second.

"I'm just really happy," I whisper and Y/N smiles sweetly, in the way they do that seems perfectly curated just for me. A special smile just for me. It's soft, kind, doesn't show their teeth but it's the most beautiful smile ever. It's like a gateway into her heart, allowing me to see the emotions that lay there.

They lean forward, kiss my forehead, which then sends an array of butterflies to roam freely in my stomach. Her arm gives my shoulder a squeeze and then pulls me in closer so that my head rests on her chest.

It's warm here, just being with them, cuddling, finally feeling safe.

I don't remember the last person I was with making me feel as safe as Y/N does. Even before today, Y/N had that effect, but now it's completely different.

We aren't hiding from one another anymore, it's all out in the open, she made their feelings clear and I did the same. And now I don't have to overthink about our little moments, I know they were real and that there'll be more to come.

Like this one.

My eyes find the screen again and it's clearly a wedding episode. Knowing Y/N for as long as I have, she's made me watch plenty of Grey's Anatomy to know that it's Jo and Alex's wedding. Their relationship is cute, they're like best friends who fell in love. (A/N: We aren't going to talk about 16x16 okay? I refuse to acknowledge that episode. Jolex are happy in my fantasy world mind).

And that's exactly how I feel with Y/N.

They're my best friend. And I have all these feelings for them...feelings that I know are leading me down that same path.

But we just talked about our feelings, it's too early to be spewing the "L" word out. Not yet. I'm not even sure I truly know what love is. I've never experienced true romantic love before. I thought I did but it was nothing but pain and sorrow.

Maybe Y/N will be the one to teach me just what that is.

Not maybe, I know they will.

One day.

Maybe one day we will have our own wedding, even...

Okay, Scarlett. Chill out. Take a breather. Slow the hell down.

"You alright, doll?"

I don't answer just yet. My lips pull upwards and I hug into their body more, draping my arm over her stomach and nuzzling my face into their neck, giving her a light kiss before humming and brushing my nose against the soft skin.

Y/N gives me a soft kiss to my forehead and traces patterns into my shoulder whilst we continue to sink into the couch, like a forcefield has formed around us.