Chapter 59

I am backkkk! And since Widow's Bite is HELLA sad right now...figured you guys that also like this book could use some happiness ;)

You're welcome.

Your POV

No big deal.

Just on a private jet to Greece with the woman who will hopefully become my fiancée. I glance over at her, smiling as she stares out the window with her little New York Yankees snapback on forward and a long sleeve black shirt with my album cover on it.

Her eyes a bright and lively.

Lizzie and Jo texted that they're with the kids and Melanie on their other plane now, though Scarlett thinks Melanie is just watching the kids at home.

So far so good, long as she doesn't continue asking questions because I will slip up.

I stare at my duffel back, right at the spot I know the ring is in. In a small box inside another box, stuffed inside a shirt in the middle of the bag to protect it. Lizzie stuffed it inside last night and told me not to fuck it up or lose it which...made me realize just how little faith she has in me but in all fairness, it's valid.

"Hey guys! Scarlett here and I am with my lovely girlfriend, Y/N Mitchell. Y/N, darling, tell the people where we are going?" She comes to sit on my lap and smiles into the front camera.

I look up at her with an uncontrollable smile, overjoyed at her excitement before turning to the video and smirking, "We are going to Greece."

She squeals like a little kid and kisses my cheek, "We're going to Greece! Thank you for the trip, baby."

"Anything for you, doll." I look up at her and she leans down for a quick kiss before ending the video. She places her phone down, then gently rests her fingers on my cheeks, deepening the kiss.

"I can't believe we're going to Greece. I love you so much."

"And I love you."

Scarlett slips into the seat beside me and leans her head on my shoulder while the attendant brings out food for us. I look at my phone and glance at my texts from Jeff talking about a world tour.

I get all giddy thinking about touring again. Interacting with fans, performing, going city to city, traveling. Only downside is–

"Tour? When's that?"

My head snaps over to Scarlett and she looks up to me with these kind and curious eyes that melt my insides.

"Oh uh, not sure. Probably starting in the summer is my guess. But we haven't worked out tour dates or anything."

She nods ever so slightly and smiles gently, though I notice her shoulders slumping while she lays her head back down, "That's exciting."

-

"God, Y/N, this place is absolutely gorgeous." Scarlett waltzes around the house I rented out for us while I steal a look down the street, checking for paparazzi.

I breathe out nervously and close my eyes as I prepare myself for tonight. Benny from ABBA texted me a bit ago saying they'll meet us at the place in Santorini. I have set up a private dinner for us right up top with the perfect view of the water and islands, and a beautiful view of the horizon where the sun will set.

"I'm glad you like it. Shall we get ready for dinner, doll?"

"We shall," Scarlett grins and skips over to me.

I take her hand and lead her to the bedroom so we can get dressed. The entire time my hands start shaking. Scarlett is in the bathroom doing her makeup first and I cannot stop my nervous trembles while I pull the navy blazer over my white tee.