Chapter 42

Heyoooo! A bit fluffier than usual, think I've tortured y'all enough for right now ;)

Scarlett POV

I finish taking the last picture with a fan and breathe out, walking towards Lizzie in the corner and plopping on the chair.

"Wow, that was crazy."

She smiles brightly at me, sporting the Black Widow hat Kevin gave all of us before the Phase 4 announcement. I've never been so overwhelmed with everything before, in the best way though.

Of course people knew about the solo film already but announcing the release and full cast, the timeline of movie and series releases for this phase, all of the fans were thrilled.

And they never fail to make my heart swim in an ocean of joy and love with the passion they hold for Marvel and my character.

"It was. Lot of people showed. I didn't know so many loved Wanda that much. She hasn't been much of a front and center character, you know?" She finishes putting all the gifts some fans got her, drawings, jewelry, etc., in her purse, smiling proudly.

Reaching over, I take her hand, getting her attention and smile, "Liz. Your character is going to take over this entire franchise. Wanda deserves the love. Plus, she had a damn big role in Infinity War and Endgame. Kevin even said you were originally supposed to kill Thanos, your character is the most powerful one. And WandaVision? It's going to be a hit, I know it. So will Multiverse of Madness."

Lizzie's eyes have started tearing and as silly as it may seem, I know it must mean a lot to her that I'm saying it. That isn't supposed to even be cocky, from day one of Lizzie joining the cast, I took her under my wing.

She was so shy and reserved, anxious to be around so many people, I brought her out of her shell and made sure that she was protected. We became friends fast from that. She always said I was her "mentor" but I never even saw it that way.

She's my best friend, and now that I'm supposedly leaving, it's like I'm passing her the gauntlet of being the front running woman of Marvel. And now she's the veteran instead of me. She gets to mentor the other young female actors that come in.

"Thank you, Scarlett."

"Of course."

I stand up and fix my outfit a bit, staring down at the now visible bump. Biting down on my lip, I rub it and sigh, "Do you think anyone noticed?"

Lizzie glances at the bump and shakes her head, "It's so small, I don't think anyone suspects anything. You're what, 17 weeks?"

I nod and breathe out, "Yep. 4 months, getting hungrier every day. I think Y/N has stocked my cabinets so much the doors no longer shut."

She laughs with me as we walk to the exit, security safely getting us to the car.

"How has Y/N been? Music video drops tonight, right?"

Breathing out slowly, I nod and shrug, "They've been good. Really helpful and sweet, going to meetings two times every week, therapy once a week. I go over to check in everyday, Rose has enjoyed her being back for sure."

I glance down at my phone, seeing a message from Y/N.

My Love🖤: Took Rose for some ice cream, she ate all of her dinner. Brought you back some, it's in the freezer 🖤Cookies and Cream with caramel, 3 scoops.

An entire swarm of butterflies release into my stomach, a giddy buzzing tickling my chest and cheeks as my smile begins to grow wider the more I read the message.