Chapter 61

Bet you weren't expecting THIS huh? You know what to do :)

Your POV

"We're going to hit all the major cities in the US, then swing over to the Europe leg hitting Germany, England, Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands. The last leg of the tour will be Asia in Japan and China, then ending off in Australia. Total run time will be around 6 months of touring."

I stare at the tour dates Jeff and the whole team has put together and swallow thickly, my fingers trembling at the thought of being gone from my family for that long. Scarlett and I have to plan the wedding, we haven't even picked a date yet and now I'm supposed to tour the whole world.

Of course I'm excited, I haven't toured since before The Rose split up. I miss the fans, I miss singing with them, dancing, having a good time with them. But I know my fiancée and she won't be too pleased, I can just feel it.

"I need to talk to Scarlett first."

"What's there to talk about? Y/N, this is huge for you. You have to tour–" "I know that but I think my fiancée deserves to be in the loop, Jeff. We have two little girls to also factor in here. I want to have spots for them at all concerts if they want to show up."

Jeff nods and offers a light smile, "Of course, I didn't think that would even be in question."

I bite down on my lip and fiddle with my anxiety ring before I hear them out on the rest. The longer they talk the more excitement builds up inside of me. We look at the draft of a blueprint for the stage but I quickly jump in with what I want altered.

The album is all about finding myself again, healing, growing, still trying to be the best version of me. It's called 'Rebirth' for a reason.

I want this tour to feel like that. Like I've grown from the person I used to be and have reborn, like everyone coming to each show is leaving a different person, a better person even. I want the fans to feel included and to feel cared about.

Which is why I also make sure that there's a moment I get to go to the back of the venue to a B stage. Something I have always admired about Taylor. When I got to see her live and saw how she would walk to the back and get on a B stage just to see the fans who didn't have close floor seats to her, I knew that was something I'd want to do one day.

That day is today.

We go over small details, then discuss backup dancers and auditions for them. I have my people for backup singers already but I want to be present for the auditions for at least the last day. I know it'll be intimidating if I am there for all 3 rounds of auditions, but I want to see them and really be hands-on with this entire tour.

Once we wrap up for the day, I head home to my fiancée who has already made us lunch while Callie is at Melanie's and Rose is at her friend's for a playdate.

"How was your meeting with Jeff? Everything alright?"

I place my fork down and breathe out shakily, then reach for my lemonade, "Actually uh, I wanted to talk to you."

She tilts her head with a curious expression and nods, "Alright, what is it?"

"Jeff called me in so we can talk touring."

My eyes don't miss the worry flashing across her beautiful face and it stings a bit but I don't continue just yet, I know she knows where I'm going with it, I know she wants to ask.

And she does. She swallows and shifts in her seat a bit, shifting her jaw slightly while she takes a breath in, "How long will you be gone?"

"Six months."