Chapter 37

Attendance Timeeee

(⚠️TW: This chapter is definitely heavy. Please read at your own risk⚠️)

1 Month Later

Scarlett POV

I wake up to my phone ringing on the nightstand. Groaning, I reach over tiredly and grab it, looking at the annoyingly bright screen.

4:27 AM

Incoming Call From My Darling

Frowning, I hit accept and put the phone to my ear, "Y/N? It's 4:30 in the morning. Why are you awake?"

All I can hear on the other end is a string of pants and whimpers. The sound instantly makes me sit up in bed, "Hey, Darling. Are you okay?"

"S-Scarlett?"

"Yes, Honey it's me. I'm right here. What's going on?"

I put the phone down and hit speaker while I go to my texts to see if I have any messages and see a bunch from Y/N hours ago telling me they got home from the bar and they're going to bed, then a string of "I love you" messages.

"I-I...Something...I need you."

Her breathing becomes more broken and ragged, I can hear her struggling for oxygen while I nearly jump out of bed and take my phone, not caring what I look like in Y/N's oversized tee shirt and pajama shorts.

"I'm on my way. You stay on the line with me, okay? What's going on."

Thank God Rose isn't here tonight. By the sound of Y/N's hyperventilating I can only gather that it's a bad panic attack, one that's constricting her airway. Meaning I need to drive like hell.

"M-my D-dad. I had to leave, Scarlett, I had to leave. I need it. I can't handle this. I can't..." They trail off and I get in my car, pulling out of the driveway as fast as I possibly can, feeling tears threatening my eyes the more she speaks with the amount of pain in their voice that they have.

"Baby, listen to me. You are okay. I need you to do the exercise now, okay? Can you do that? Tell me 5 things you can see right now."

Y/N breaks into a painful, heart-shattering sob but they suck in a deep breath, "I um...my clock."

"Good, keep going Darling, I'm on my way."

Sniffles.

Then shaky cries.

Whimpers.

"My love, I need you to focus for me, okay? 4 more things you can see, come on."

I grip the steering wheel as I push 80 in the 50 mph zone, weaving through traffic as best as I can. My heart is hammering in my chest, thinking back to what she said about not being able to "handle this." What does that mean?

Worst case scenario in my head is that they did something stupid, or they want to do something stupid. Like hurting herself.

"O-okay. Um...the picture of us on my nightstand...my tv...Fuck." They trail off and take in a deeply shaky breath but I just nod along, staring at the road while I wait.

"I see my hands and um...I see my door."

One breath. Good.

"Good. Now 4 things you can touch, Y/N."

I can almost picture her shaking their head, their sobs echo in my ears, the utter torturous sound making my eyes water up.

"I can't Scarlett, I...I can't do this. I fucked up."