001. MEET CUTE

001. MEET CUTE

If there was one thing Harry hated most in the world, it was anything that messed with his pride.

And a Bambi stealing from him in the middle of the night was the kind of shot to his ego that he greatly despised.

The longer it took to find her, the more enraged it made him.

Not a single slip-up was made by her. She arrived alone; the group of friends she told Kip she was with never interacted with her throughout the night. Not a single trace of her on any security camera was found - she dodged every single one at their business, the house, and once she left.

The Bambi had vanished - which meant she was extremely smart or the luckiest bitch alive. And, Harry refused to believe they had been outsmarted by someone like her.

A single hunch was all they were able to go off. Cameras in the smokers pit caught a female voice complaining about her apparent lack of cigarettes. Harry made Kip scour every CCTV camera possible. Poor kid, he had been scared shitless after his mistake had come to light. But all was forgiven when the kid showed up with results after three days of sleepless nights.

One stop at her local convenience store for a pack of cigarettes was her undoing.

Harry didn't let the team do the usual search of their target. He wanted to act on his favourite part - revenge and he wanted to do it now. The mere thought of painting the walls red with her blood left him salivating at the mouth all week.

The three of them entered the bar she worked at and settled into a booth in the back. It didn't take long before he spotted her. The Bambi was no longer blonde and now sported a dark chestnut hair colour. It complimented her features quite nicely.

It's rather busy for a Monday night, he thought.

As he caught a glimpse of her working the tables, he quickly learned why. Every male gaze was on her from the moment she entered, giving her their full attention once she graced them with her presence.

Eyes travelling up her long legs, Harry noticed the way her short pleated skirt hung perfectly on her hips. The material flowed with every slight movement she made, giving the hungry eyes that watched her the tiniest bit of hope that something underneath would show. Her tank top, tight against her skin and revealing a hint of her midriff, had the bar's name in large font across her chest. Bambi knew exactly what she was doing with her choice of clothing.

Turning the ring on this index finger, Harry watched closely as she interacted with a table of young men all in suits. He assumed they worked in finance by the way they were dressed and handled themselves. She smiled at each of them while taking their orders - which was surprising considering they weren't even close to finishing their first round of drinks. But the moment she turned, her smile disappeared completely. Interesting. Bambi was an actress.

Taking a mental note of what he had learned, Harry turned to his friends. "New plan," he said in a low voice, "One of you has to pretend to be celebrating a birthday."

"Why?"

"Because she only goes to tables to get drink orders and having a birthday boy to pile up with alcohol is the perfect excuse for new customers."

Dallas shot his hand up. "Me! Call it!"

"Someone's eager," Colson commented.

"Free drinks, man. It's a rule for the birthday boy," the guy replied, "Don't be a sour puss because you missed out, Colty."

Harry ignored their bickering as he removed the watch from his wrist, pocketed it in his jacket, and ran his fingers through his long hair, messing it up. With a swift kick under the table, Harry ensured the two friends were on their best behaviour as the Bambi approached their table.