064. GOLDEN // COSMIC

hope you're all having a lovely weekend! make sure you get some good rest! 

i just tried nerds gummy clusters for the first time, and now I cant stop eating them lol

anyway, enjoy the chapter lol x 

and don't forget to comment & vote!!!

064. GOLDEN // COSMIC 

 GOLDEN // COSMIC 

... 1:00.00... 0:59.59... 0:59.58... 0:59.57...

Harry watched the video play on the monitor.

Even with the pending text messages on his phone, it neared impossible for Harry to look away. It felt like an addiction. His eyes glued to the screen, watching the torturous footage on a loop.

The clip was short - about fifteen seconds or so of footage. Two people stood in an unidentifiable hallway. One split second near the end, exposing the glimmer of light, forced the man into a frozen silence.

Harry could remember just enough to know the two individuals standing in the hallway were important. He knew why they reflected pain and betrayal - two things Handler wanted him to harm Rory with.

If it weren't for the timer running down on his phone, Harry would never have known exactly how long he stood there. What felt like hours turned out to be a few minutes. Whether that was a good thing or not was still up for debate considering his night did not conclude once he finally looked away from the monitor.

Harry's night had only just begun.

And his mission was to betray the sole person that brought a sense of safety and warmth.

Clenching his eyes shut, he forced his attention not to resume back at the monitor. He couldn't do this. He couldn't hurt her. Harry had to tell her.

Neck twitching with pain, he gripped the edge of the table to find some relief.

There was no plausible choice but to tell her. The last thing Harry wanted was to hurt Rory and destroy what they were building together. They were a team - something he reminded her of barely twelve hours ago. He couldn't go against that now.

Another twitch of pain caused him to release a constricted breath.

Harry couldn't hurt her.

Nothing, not even Handler's bullshit mind games, could force his hand.

Harry had to go against the mission.

He had to-

The pain shooting through him forced his thoughts into silence. An agonizing groan escaped, echoing throughout the room, and his body slumped forward. Quickly pressing the palms of his hands against the top of the table, he forced himself not to collapse. Fists clenching, he slammed a hand against the wood, attempting anything to find relief.