040. MIRRORS // FUN FACT

Rory knew she had never been happier than she felt at this very moment - for once, she stopped thinking about the bruises that marked her skin and began to enjoy herself

In fact, for the first time in her life, she enjoyed being alive.

Every part of the day she spent with Harry felt like a moment written for a romance movie. The thing he brought back from her apartment because he remembered her wearing them or the products he purchased because she used them. He could have packed random clothes or purchased a generic brand of shampoo, but he didn't. Every time her mind flashed to the food he bought her, the coffee machine, textbooks, or snowglobe that reminded her of home, her chest filled with so much warmth she wanted to burst into tears over it.

All the little things made her feel like it was too good to be true.

And now, enjoying their picnic while listening to the baseball game happening across the river through the radio, Rory never wanted the night to be over.

To her surprise, once the game had ended, neither of them made a move to the car. Laying back, glancing up at the sky, she found herself lost in a trance, looking at the stars. She never understood why people did this - but now she did.

It was beautiful.

"Did you know your brain is made of sixty percent fat?" she asked, sitting up.

His brows pulled together over the sudden remark. "Excuse me?"

"Your brain is made up of sixty percent fat. Did you know that?"

"Is this your way of coming up with an insult, Bambi?"

Rory, who was now the one left confused by his reply, cocked her head to the side. "No. A fatty brain is good - fatty acids are crucial for brain performance." Turning her attention to the water, she muttered, "If I wanted to insult you, I would have said your brain is rock solid."

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Pouting her bottom lip, she said, "It's just a fun fact, you know."

Harry reached over his hand and placed it on her thigh. "I'm sorry, Bambi. It's not every day someone tells me that my brain is fat." Giving her thigh a gentle squeeze, he asked, "Did you just have that fact stored in your fatty brain or did you learn that recently?"

"I read it today. But I already knew it from reading about it when I was younger."

"Oh, yeah? What else did you read about today?"

Her face lit up at the question. "Do you really want to know?"

Harry nodded.

"The brain is the fattiest organ in the human body. And the essential fatty acids you need for brain performance must be obtained from dietary sources."