007. THE LESSON

007. THE LESSON

Buzz.

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Excuse yourself from your friends and walk towards the employee's only door in front of you.

Rory wanted to ignore his message to make a point. But she was drained from her hours of dancing and her feet needed a rest - being in heels all night was not an enjoyable experience - so, it didn't take much for her drunken mind to follow along.

Getting the attention of her friends, Rory yelled out over the music, "Harry needs to see me for a second. I'll be back in a bit!"

"Okay! We were thinking of getting pizza in like an hour!" Benny called out in response, "Do you want to wait for you?"

The thought of melted cheese caused her to lick her lips. "Yeah. This shouldn't take long."

Pushing her way out of the crowd, she walked towards her instructed spot and met the eyes of a familiar looking guard.

Buzz.

"Say Bambi's Home?" she read the message out loud. "The fuck does that mean?"

The guard opened the door without giving her a response.

Before stepping through, she turned to the man. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Unlikely, Miss."

"Are you sure?" she asked, cocking her head to the side. "I'm pretty good with remembering faces and I feel like I've seen yours before."

"Rory," the sound of Harry's voice made her jump. "Stop bothering my staff. Let's go."

She placed her hands on her hips. "Am I not allowed to speak at all now?"

"Thanks, Big Mike," Harry said to the man before taking her hand and pulling her into the hallway.

The door slammed shut. Taking in her new surroundings - a long, drab hallway with fluorescent lighting - she felt the goosebumps appear on her arm. This would be a good place to kill her if that's what he had planned considering she was trapped in what looked like a metal box. 

Would anyone be able to hear her scream over the music? 

Rory swallowed the lump in her throat as she thought about how long it would take before someone found her dead body. Well, that was if they ever did find it. 

She glanced down at her hand being held by his. Their fingers were intertwined. That was an odd feeling.

"Why are you holding my hand?"

"So you can't run," he replied flatly, eyes on his phone.

"You should decorate. Get a coat of paint on these walls."

Harry turned his head. "What?"

"This hallway is ugly." She ran her fingers against the metal as they walked. "Just trying to suggest ways you could make your little criminal empire more visually appealing. That's all."

Their walk was abruptly cut short. In one swift move, Rory had her back roughly pressed against the wall by the man who stood in front of her, blocking her escape. "So, now you think I'm a criminal?"

A smirk tugged its way onto her lips. "Don't get a big head. It's probably a side effect from the alcohol I've consumed." Raising her hand to his chest, she looped her finger around the silver chain that hung from his neck. "Why are we standing here?"

"We're waiting."

"For what?"

"Bambi, what did I tell you about that curiosity of yours?"