004. FANTASY

004. FANTASY

"Listen up you fucking psychopath. Game over!"

Harry glanced up at the angered woman who rudely stormed into his office. Taking a sip of his drink, he leaned back in his chair as she continued her rant without invitation.

"Having your little sidekicks stalk me outside my apartment and work was one thing. But not following me anywhere else? I didn't really understand that but fine, whatever. It was all child's play. I expected more from you." Pressing her palms against the top of the desk, she leaned forward.

The fact that he remained silent was beginning to annoy her, and so, she resorted to what she did best. She pissed him off. "Some big, bad, tough guy you pretend to be. And all you can do is get your lackeys to sit in that car all night long? They don't even change it up. It's the same fucking vehicle. At least you had more of a performance element when you finished inside me and then pressed your gun to my mouth. I gave you a six out of ten for that. Would have been an eight but I expected you to deep throat me with that fake weapon and you never did."

Harry remained silent. But the way his jaw clenched signalled to Rory that she was on the right track.

"You know, if you were a real criminal, you'd be shit at it," she continued, "As in, dead or arrested before you even tried to play with the big boys. But let's get one thing straight here. Today's little exertion - getting chased around like that - was over the fucking top. Got it?"

Given the way she reacted, Harry knew she had gone somewhere that she didn't want him to know about. He always knew she had to be a bit stupid. But he never expected her to give up pivotal information with such ease. Whatever secret she held close about her day was important to her. And Harry couldn't wait to find out what that was so he could use it against her.

He rose from his chair, circled his desk and walked towards the bar cart. An eerie silence filled the room as Rory turned her head, watching as he poured himself a drink.

"What? Don't tell me I'm getting the silent treatment now. Did I bruise your ego that bad? Are you that pathetic?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you finished?" He raised the crystal glass to his lips, gulping down the liquid in one swing. "You seemed like you were on quite the roll. I didn't want to be rude and interrupt you."

She scoffed. "Oh, now you're worried about being rude?"

Putting down his glass, Harry stalked toward her. "Tell me something, Bambi. Do you think this is a joke?"

She raised a brow at his question. "If it is, it's terribly unfunny."

"You seem to be confused about our agreement."

"You mean, your lame excuse of a threat," she corrected. "Did no one ever teach you basic manners?"

A grin tugged on the corner of his lips. "That wasn't a threat. That was a promise, sweetheart."

"Do it then."

"Excuse me?"

"Kill me. Take your gun out of the waistband of your pants - which, by the way, is a horrible place to keep that thing unless you want to ruin it - and put your money where your mouth is." Her head cocked to the side, intrigued when he didn't move; he didn't even flinch. "Is it too public to kill me in your office? Even with the door closed?" Taking a step towards him, her smile broadened. "Or, is it just not your style? I seem to remember you enjoying your hand around my neck quite a bit. Would you rather strangle me to death instead?"

Harry didn't reply, knowing if he uttered one word, it would condone her annoying voice to continue speaking. Roughly gripping her jaw, he tilted her head up, allowing his green eyes to directly stare down into hers. He did something that surprised both of them. He kissed her.